Epilogue Five

As I'm sitting in my office forcing myself to do this paperwork I begin to hear a loud annoying voice from outside.

I groan as I get up and open my door poking my head outside. I notice a man with the usual angel attire on. He has brown hair and his halo is sparkling. "Must be a new angel." I murmur under my breath.

As he turns around I realize that it's Adam. How much time has passed since we started the Garden of Eden? I question not expecting him to show up in Heaven for a while.

As his eyes meet mine I see them sparkle mischievously, making me sigh. He notices me sighing and raises an eyebrow as he makes his way over to me.

"What's wrong?" He asks but before I can answer he takes a look at your office. "Working hard or hardly working?"

"I didn't realize the first man would be so annoying." I say pinching the bride of my nose as I go back to sit in my chair.

He lets out a hearty laugh and follows me into your office. He gives a once over at my desk before taking the chair across from me, making himself comfortable with his legs up on your desk.

He then notices a rubber duck shoved into one of the corners of my bookshelf and his eyes narrow. "So you're the bitch that was dating Lucifer. Not surprised he chose Lilith over you. She was hot." I just flip him off.

"And that's the type of attitude that made her leave you." I retort back without missing a beat. Adam's smirk falters and I realize that I may have hit a nerve. I let out a small sigh and decided to change the subject. "So, how was Earth?"

He lets out a groan as his smile returns. "There's no point explaining how bad Earth is. It's full of the most sinful creatures that ever existed.

The worst part is that that's all they ever talk about. All they can think about." Adam explains as he crosses his arms and leans back in the chair.

His attention drifts back to the rubber duck as I start to get annoyed over the fact he reminded me about the fact it was there.

He notices your reaction and picks the rubber duck up. "I see you also share Lucifer's strange fascination with ducks. Where did you get this?" He asks curiously as he examines the small duck carefully.

"He made it for me." I strain out as I snap my fingers and it returns to the spot it was in.

He leans back in the chair again and raises an eyebrow. "Is that so?" He lets out a small chuckle and lets out a mocking sigh. "Looks like someone was a bit too attached to the guy." He teases as he leans in closer.

As I stare blankly at him he leans back. "Guess we have something in common though." He mumbled the last part as I sigh.

Yeah we both lost the people we loved I think as I start continuing to file paperwork while ignoring him.

We both sit in silence as I work and for once in a long time I was actually able to get a decent amount of work done. I guess talking about something does help sometimes.