Chapter Twelve

On the hotel's roof, Adam knocks Charlie to the ground, before picking her up by the throat. Charlie's tail and horns recede immediately.

"Let...me...go!" She fights to get out due to his tight grip. Lucifer is boiling with rage at the sight and I'm just as pissed off.

"This fight was cute n'all, but it's time to die with the rest of them!" Adam grunts out. I notice that Lute and Vaggie are also fighting one on one and I observe the wreckage of the hotel.

Not even a second later Lucifer punches Adam so hard that it damages his mask as he goes flying into the hotel's sign, before falling through the roof.

He then flies around to catch Charlie, his wings are fully out and sporting a different coat, this one with red and golden epaulets. "Dad?" She mutters while looking up at him.

"Sorry I wasn't here sooner, sweetie." He says while continuing to hold her.

I land on the roof while Lucifer does the same, putting Charlie down. He hands her off to me and I help her stabilize herself.

Adam then climbs back onto the roof, half of his mask having broken off. "Okay, seriously! How many of you freaks do I have to fight?!" He rages out annoyed.

Lucifer walks up to Adam, rolling up his sleeves to fight. "Oh, I'm the only one that matters. See, you messed with my daughter, and now, I am going to FUCK you!"

I blink slowly processing what I just heard. Adam stares at Lucifer, perplexed. Lute and Vaggie stop their fight to stare in confusion at Lucifer. Angel cocks an eyebrow, smiling as Husk gives him a deadpanned look and the other Exorcists also stare in confusion.

Charlie, slightly embarrassed, corrects her dad. "It's fuck you up, Dad." She whispers to him.

"...Wait, what did I say?" He asks after a moment and I let out a small laugh.

Using the opportunity Adam flies at him with a battle cry, smashing him into the wall. Lucifer transforms into a snake to escape and slithers into the air, before transforming back.

"Hyahahah! So this is what you've been up to since Eden?" He dodges Adam by turning into a goat. "Gotta say, you've really let yourself go, buddy." He taunts.

Adam grabs Lucifer by the foot so he turns into a snake briefly to free himself. Adam then throws him away giving him the chance to turn into a bird.

"You?! Judging me?! You're the most hated being in all of creation!" Adam tries to shoot his angelic light at Lucifer, but he dodges it.

Lucifer just laughs. "Well, your didn't seem to hate what I had to offer... or the , bow-chicka-pow-pow!" He flies away doing a little dance.

Adam briefly manages to hold him in a chokehold. "I'll fuckin' end you!" Charlie and I just continue to observe constantly on edge for what will happen next.

Lucifer turns into a horse and kicks Adam away. "Whoa, missed me!" He turns back into his regular form and dodges Adam's light. "Hoohoo, not even close. Haha! Nice try, douchebag!"

"Hold still, you slippery fucker!" Charlie then notices Vaggie struggling and runs to go help her. "Stay here in case my dad needs any help." She says while running off.

Lucifer keeps changing forms to wiggle out of Adam's grasp, pissing off Adam more every second.

Reaching his limit, Adam charges up a huge blast of angelic light at Lucifer. I let out a sigh of relief when he dodges.

My relief is short lived once I realize the light chopped the hotel straight in half.

Charlie screams as she falls down the middle, the entire hotel crumbling around her. Then, Lucifer swoops down and catches her. "I got ya."