Epilogue Seven

I walk back into Lucifer's place after spending the day with Charlie at the hotel. That girl can sure talk for hours I think with a small smile.

"Hey Luci, I'm back. You here?" I called out. Lucifer walks out of his office once he hears me enter "Hey love." He says as he adjusts his tie before giving me a smile. "How was your day with Charlie?"

I smile back at him as I walk up to him, wrapping my arms around his neck. "It was good." I hum out. "She sure is talkative." I laugh.

Lucifer laughs with me and leans back a bit as I wrap my arms around him. He then places his hands on my hips to keep me close. "That's Charlie for you, can talk anyone's ear off."

"Tell me about it." I continue laughing. "How was your day? Do anything fun?" I ask, tilting my head slightly.

Lucifer pauses before answering, looking off to the side. He starts rubbing circles on my hips as he tries to find the right words to answer me. "I actually have something to show you."

I look at him curiously. "This could be very good or very bad." I say teasingly. Lucifer laughs and shakes his head. "Bad? Me? Never." He jokingly replies. "Anyway, just follow me." He says as he takes my hand and starts guiding me towards his office.

I raise an eyebrow but follow him anyway as I begin to become more curious. We both arrive in the office and Lucifer slowly lets go of my hand before walking over to a drawer.

He's silent for a moment as he rummages through it to find something. After a minute or so, he pulls out a small rubber duck before walking back towards me and handing it to me.

"Did you make a new rubber duck?" I turn it around in my hands inspecting it. "What does it do?"

"Yeah, I uh.. was actually thinking about you when I made this one." He says, his voice starting to tremble a bit "Press the middle of its bow tie."

I look up at him as he says the last sentence. "Press its bow tie?" I murmur quietly before doing so. The duck immediately splits apart in half and my eyes widen as a ring is sitting nicely inside.

"Lucifer?" I say a bit louder than a whisper. He is standing there looking anxious, nervous even as he tries to gauge my facial expression once the duck splits apart with the ring inside.

After I say his name he finally breaks the silence, the words spilling out of his mouth in a mess. "I was thinking.. if you would maybe.." his hands are nervously fidgeting as he tries to continue "Maybe you'd want to marry me?"

My eyes begin to gloss over as I hold back tears. My free hand goes to cover my mouth as my eyes meet his. Lucifer is standing there holding his breath, not breathing as he waits to hear my answer "Uhhh, sweetheart? You're scaring me now, say something.." he says anxiously as his shoulders tense up.

I let my hand fall back down to my side to reveal a huge smile. "Yes yes yes." I say quickly before wrapping my arms around his neck in a tight embrace.

He hugs me back just as tight and picks me up from the floor, spinning us around once in pure joy before setting me down and pulling away slightly so we're looking eye to eye. "You're not messing with me right? You really said yes?"

I let out a small giggle. "I said yes." A huge smile grows in his face as our eyes meet and he cups my face with his hands. "Oh, thank the stars. I was so worried you'd say no for a second there." He leans down, resting his forehead against mine and lets out a shaky breath.

After a moment he pulls back and gently grabs the ring from its rubber duck case and puts it on my finger. I bring my hand up to stare at the ring with a giddy smile.

"Now I know why Charlie kept finding reasons for me to stay out longer." Lucifer lets out a chuckle as he notices my smile while I examine the ring on my finger.

He then shakes his head and smirks at me slightly. "Yeah, she was my accomplice. Although I'm pretty sure she was just wanting me to finally propose so she could celebrate."

"I'm surprised she was able to keep it a secret." I reply while leaning further into his touch. "You and me both." He replies, gently holding my chin between his thumb and forefinger to keep my gaze on him.

"I love you." I murmur to him. "I love you too." He replies back just as quietly and pulls me closer to him, wrapping his arms around my waist and resting his chin on the top of my head. We both stay quiet for a moment, just relishing in the moment.

I lean back slightly as I place a hand on his cheek and kiss him. Lucifer smiles into the kiss as it deepens and he moves his hands down to my hips, gripping them tighter to bring me closer to his body.

After a few moments he pulls away from the kiss but keeps his face close to mine, our foreheads touching and he takes a deep breath. "(Y/N) Morningstar has a nice ring to it." I grin up at him. "It does, doesn't it."