Epilogue Three

As I'm sitting in my office looking over paperwork for how the progress for the Garden of Eden is going my door swings open unexpectedly.

Lucifer was in the doorway when I looked up from your desk. "Hey (Y/N), you got time?". There was a certain nervousness to his voice which was unfamiliar from him.

I tilt my head slightly at his strange actions. "I have to approve this paperwork so we can finally create Adam and Lilith for the garden but after that I have some time to spare."

"Great!" There was a bit of an unnatural excitement in his voice. He closes the door and makes his way over to my desk sitting in one of the empty chairs across from me.

I place my pen down, giving him my attention curious to what is making him act so out of ordinary. "So, I'll cut to the point. You see, I was wondering if-". His nervousness had overtaken him for a moment.

He took a deep breath as if he was trying to calm himself down before continuing, "I was wondering if you would like to go out sometime. On a date. With me."

My lips part slightly from surprise as I register what he just said. I can tell my face is flushed as a smile appears on my lips.

A smile appears on his face at my reaction as he can tell that I'm receptive to the idea, his nervousness begins to melt away at the positive response to his suggestion.

"So is that a yes?" He asks me, already starting to think up ideas for where the date could possibly take place. "Took you long enough to ask." I tease as my smile widens. "I would love to go on a date with you." A light chuckle escaped his lips at the teasing.

He was happy that I had agreed to the date, especially after how nervous he had been just moments earlier at the thought of asking such a question.

"Great!" His smile widened. "I know a great place that would be perfect for the date if that's alright with you?"

"I trust you Luci. I'm excited to see what you've planned." I say, my smile never leaves my face. "I'm sure you're going to love it." He says as he stands up from the chair.

The excitement he had expressed earlier was back in full force at the thought of taking me on the date.

"When will you be free?" He asks curiously, trying to get an idea of when we could have the date. I look at my desk quickly before responding. "Just a few more hours and I'll be good."

"Alright then, that's perfect!" He flashes a smile at me, thrilled to know that I could have the free time for a date before he makes his way toward the door.

He rests his hand on the doorknob but turns back to look at me before exiting. "I'll see you in a few hours then." I give him a small wave as he leaves.

As soon as he leaves I immediately start spinning in my chair with excitement. "Oh my god oh my god oh my god." I squeal out.

─── ☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚ ───

Lucifer opens my doors and pops his head through it to see if I'm ready to go and all I can do is laugh. "Do you not like knocking?" I ask as I stand up and walk towards him.

He chuckled a bit at my question, amused by it. "Knocking's no fun, popping in is," he says with a smile on his face.

"Are you about ready?" He asks as he steps inside my office, his excitement only growing as the moment draws near.

"I'm ready if you are." I say smiling. "Of course." He holds his hand out to me. "Now, let's go!" He says excitedly before grabbing my hand and dragging me with him as he walks out of the room.