Chpt 20.

Salem. Was furious about there failure of not retrieving the relic and finding out Ozpin was it to Atlas, but... her greatest possession, weapon, is now gone. But she had planned for this.

"There's a range and travel speed to my slashes, the farther the more accuracy. Plus I'll need to put in more output to my energy for the slashes to be effective." Royku stated as they were coming up with a plan to fight the grimm off from the train. "It's like a paper cut vs a sniper bullet. You would have a better chance shooting them."

Ruby: "Can't you fly or something?" She asked.

Royku: "You know how much energy that takes? Staying in the air is one thing, but trying to fly around chasing them? It looks easy but imagine a balloon blowing out air flying around. I'll get exhausted using dismantle in the air and fall, and no one can risk trying to catch me from falling off the train."

Jaune: "I guess we're sticking with our original plan."

RWBY, Royku, and Qrow were on a separate cart while JNR was with the civilians. They killed all the regular grimm ,as a king manticore showed up.

Royku: "Are you fu-!" The creature used its live tail to bite him but he grabbed it and used cleave to cut it off.

"Heh!" He chuckled then used dismantle to cut one of its feet off.

Yang and Blake held it down with Blake's rope, as Ruby and Qrow came in and cut it in half. But the grimm blew a fireball at them, missing and hit the rail making them trainwreck.

"Ugh, it's just like Beacon again." Royku said while recovering.

Yang: "Yeah but this time you're not unconscious."

Royku: "Do I have to be for you to hold me?" He asked as she threw a snowball at his face. "I'm going to use the bathroom." He walked off.

"Sigh..."

Flashback

Blake: "Hey I've heard you and Yang had a baby?" She asked Royku who was sitting by himself looking out the window.

Royku: "Yeah. It was unexpected, you know from me being dead before knowing she was pregnant."

Blake: "Do you have pictures when the time you were away? I never thought a human and faunas could have kids together." She said as Royku pulled up pictures of Sukuna when he was at Tai's. "Wow, he has both of your eyes. Cute. I would ask Yang but... I think she's still upset at me."

Royku: "I remember when she got mad at me in Beacon. If she didn't punch you in the face, then I think you're fine." He said as she chuckled. "What happened anyway? Can't be that bad if she really didn't punch you already."

Blake: "Well when Beacon fell, I ran into my ex. Yang tried to save me from him, but she lost her arm."

Royku: "She's upset that she lost her arm? I already healed it for her, I don't think she would still be-."

Blake: "No it's just... I ran away. I ran from everything, I didn't want anyone else to get hurt because of me." She claimed.

Royku: "Mmm... Blake you can't always run away from your problems. What happens if you run into your ex again?"

Blake: "I won't run next time, I'll face him..."

"You're still scared of him aren't you?" He guess from her shaky response.

Blake: "..."

Royku: "Think of it like this. Either let the fear shackle you and drag you deeper into your fears, or face it head on and cut those shackles letting you free? Everyone has something they fear, just have to decide whether if you want to keep trying to hide from it or face it."