Nine

Michelle Young rushed to the door when the class got dismissed.

I followed her in the hallway as I doubled my pace to keep up with her, but she kept going even though I had been calling her name.

I jogged the flight of stairs while maneuvering through other students on the way down the staircase.

I almost got her at the landing.

About an arm's reach, we were this close when I extended my hand to hold her but someone yanked my backpack.

I lost her.

Gail Mason was standing behind me when I looked back.

"We need to go now. They probably been waiting for us," she said.

She grabbed my hand and dragged me on my feet.

As we walked away, I couldn't resist but to peek over my shoulder in hopes to see Michelle Young from the wave of the crowd that consumed her and yet she left no signs.

I failed.

"There you are!" Dominic Jackson shouted in relief.

He waved at us in front of our college building while his co-officers were busy lifting boxes and boxes of items that they started loading up in the school shuttle.

I guessed that those items were our costumes ready for the production number.

I heard they were big, and massive, and grand.

That's how Rigel described to us when we did our fittings last week, but he never shared more details about our costumes.

Only the glam team and the student council conspired with the preparation of our clothes and costumes for this upcoming pageant.

Perhaps, they wanted it to be a surprise.

As a newbie for this sideline, I wouldn't mind, especially when the student council convinced us during our first meeting that they would take care everything for us.

Like everything—Dominic meant it with conviction while these images of him kept looping at the back of my mind.

I heard pageant could be excessive with all of the resources needed, with the trainings, and making of costumes and preparing for the actual pageant itself. 

It must be the reason why I was very hesitant to join.

Even back in high school, all of my teachers conceded to persuade me. 

I insisted to play volleyball instead, and perhaps I excelled in this sport.

"You guys need to hurry. We'll be running late," Dominic Jackson said when we reached them in front of the college building.

Nemesis and her team were already waiting inside the shuttle.

There's Rigel, Sirius, Orion and Vega.

They all greeted us when we hopped in inside the vehicle while they're wearing their big smiles just like last week during the first day when we got introduced for our training.

They were very excited to have us again.

In this rehearsal week, they would be helping us with our glam shots, aside from polishing our runway presentation, of course.

"Late again?" Nemesis jested.

When we all seated and everything was ready to transport, the driver took us to the theater which was just behind the stadium where almost a hundred people received us when we arrived.