Chapter 6

Gold was good for nothing but filling her bank account. Katrina hated the colour gold, and she hated wearing gold. And now, here she was, dressed in gold as she pushed through the crowds in the penthouse apartment she was in. Her hair was dark and her eyes bright and pale gold did nothing but wash her out. dark colours were more her thing.

Abu Dabi was a playground for the rich, such as the Jordanian prince who was hosting this party to celebrate the longest day of the year – the summer solstice.

Katrina had no care for the prince or his colour scheme as she walked through the crowds of people in a gold dress that was basically a two-piece, the bra-styled top was attached to the tight miniskirt by the thinnest piece of fabric that was wrapped around the centre gore.

Her hair was tickling her waist as she took a glass of champagne from a passing waiter and drained the whole thing before putting it on the tray of another passing waiter.

"I still can't believe you made me pull The Supremes grift," she said as she reached for another glass, this one to keep up appearances as she pretended to be looking for someone.

"If it makes you feel any better, you look way better than Diana Ross would in that outfit."

"Pervert," she returned, her lipstick marking the rim of the glass.

The Supremes Grift – a band that did alright but became super famous when Diana Ross broke out and became super famous. Magdalena had been obsessed with Diana Ross. There probably wasn't a single song that she didn't know – and that Deckard and Katrina weren't familiar with. That's how Katrina ended up here, hiding in plain sight until it was time to step into the spotlight.

"I call it appreciating my wife."

Her pink lips stretched into a smile. "I've got eyes on Toretto and O'Conner. They're casing the room."

"Sit back, Kats. You remember the plan. Let them do the heavy lifting."

She pouted. "But killing them would be so much fun."

"Too many witnesses remember? You kill them in the same room as a Jordanian prince and we shoot to most wanted in another country."

Katrina rolled her eyes at his words. She turned as she heard the music stop.

Roman, another one of Toretto's team, had commandeered the room. He'd ripped a microphone out of the DJ's hands and now everyone was gathering around as he called them over to celebrate someone's birthday. Even the prince and a lot of his guards started moving towards the commotion.

It was smart. Get them away from the vault and get in.

"How has no one killed this clown yet?" she asked absentmindedly before movement caught her eye.

All the guards were pressing their fingers to their ears, to the earpieces that were pressed in. Each and every one. Which meant that Dom's team had been discovered and this building was going into lockdown.

"They're locking it down. I believe that's your cue, baby."

"Copy that. Time for Diana Ross to make an appearance."

Katrina grinned as she threw her glass onto the floor, watching as Letty and one of the gold-dressed guards fell over the balcony railing and onto the DJ's table. Both of them were pretty hurt, the gold woman wasn't even moving.

Roman knocked away the hands of the guards that were going to escort him out as he helped up his friend.

Katrina went for the gun that was hidden inside her golden boots and fired two shots, taking out two guards. The guests began screaming as they ran for the exits, and the screams only got louder when something burst through the vault doors.

They splintered and dust covered the red supercar that had broken free with Toretto and O'Conner inside. She wasn't going to waste her bullets on a bulletproof car as it revved its engine, just in time for the elevator doors on the bottom level to open.

A pair of polished black shoes walked out, a SIG rifle in the hands of a man smartly dressed in a tieless black suit. And Deckard Shaw unleashed a stream of bullets into the ceiling as he scared off the last of the guests.

"Go!" Roman screamed as he covered a dazed Letty and began to flee, but not before Katrina put a bullet in his shoulder. He cursed as a red blood stain began to grow on the front and back of his white suit, the bullet going straight through his shoulder.

Her husband took on the remaining members of Dom's team as he fired at the windshield. Katrina felled two more guards before she joined him as she emptied her clip on Brian's window, the man flinching inside as he tried to go through the dashboard to get to the speed drive.

As the car drove, Deckard took on two guards while Katrina was grabbed from behind. Contrary to what many people believed, she actually loved fighting men because they always underestimated a woman. It pissed her off, but it was an advantage that she couldn't ignore.

The guard gripped her around the waist as she was lifted off her feet. Katrina was quick to slam the butt of her gun onto the man's hands. He cussed as pain rippled through his bones and he was forced to drop her. Katrina whirled as she ducked under his punch and blocked his next one before slamming the gun into his nose. Her heeled foot then kicked him into the glass window, the man hitting his head on it as the glass cracked before he fell to the ground.

She reached into her other boot to get another magazine, replacing it just in time to drop the guards that continued to come at her. As she did, her jaw dropped a little bit as the red car hit Deckard and he rolled over the top and onto the floor.

He was clearly ok as he landed in a crouch and opened fire again. Katrina also joined him as she tried to hit the tyres that were so thin that they were nearly impossible to hit. Deckard even switched to the grenade launcher that missed as it hit the wall first. Yet, his second shot, and the one that actually hit its target, only helped their enemies. The boost that the car got from Deckard's bomb only helped Dom as he drove it through the wall of windows and into the next skyscraper.

It was clear that the eldest Shaw was pissed off as he stared out the hole, the penthouse apartment in shambles. Her hand snaked up his back before she rested her elbow on his shoulder. "So, Plan B?" Katrina asked, both of them still with their weapons in hand as they could barely see as they made it into the third skyscraper.

"Aye, darling. I'll call him, you drive. Hopefully, third time's a charm getting that damn drive." He reached into his pocket as he tossed her his keys which she caught with ease.

"Sounds good. But we're not going anywhere until I get out of this fucking dress."

The keys were in one hand and her gun in the other as she flipped her hair over her shoulder and headed for the elevator, her heels clicking on the rubble-covered floor.

"Can I help you with that?" he offered as he threw his SIG down and walked after her, joining her inside the elevator car.

"I thought that was a given," she said with a smirk. Their lips collided as the doors slid shut.