Chapter 13

Cipher – an international cyber-terrorist that she was believed to be a myth. And yet, Mr Nobody had been able to connect her to Dom. They were working together. She was the reason that Dom sabotaged the mission that put Hobbs in prison and delivered a fully functional EMP into her hands. A device that once detonated they could use to take over a city and turn it into a war zone.

This was the reason that he'd gathered them all here together. If there was anyone in the world who would be able to catch Dom and find out why he'd turned on them, it was his family.

"So you want us to track Dom?" Roman clarified as they all sat around a wooden table inside a glass room.

"I don't know, Roman. It seems like a big job," Mr Nobody played along.

"It's impossible."

"Ah," Mr Nobody said. "Which is exactly why I'm bringing a couple extra pairs of hands."

As if on cue, he hit a button that opened one of the glass walls. Deckard Shaw held it open as his wife entered first before he followed in behind her.

Let's just say that six hours had been nowhere near enough time to enact even a couple of the fantasies that Deckard had dreamed up in prison.

He was now dressed in his usual dark suit while his wife was a bit more casual. She wore one of Deckard's grey fitted shirts with long sleeves, leggings, knee-high boots and a thin blue scarf around her neck that matched her eyes. 

Yet, the second they entered the room, it stilled, save for Hobbs who jumped up to his feet. His eyes flitted between the two of them, but they mostly rested on Deckard.  "Ah, my day just got a whole hell of a lot better," he commented. "Mr Nobody, you wanna tell me why you just put me in a room with this tea-and-crumpets-eating, criminal sumbitch, and his psychotic wife?" he asked Frank who was also standing. Frank's nameless protégé stood next to him, slightly scared at the room full of dangerous people, but his eyes stayed on Deckard.

"Frank and I have similar interests. And he, Decks and I are of mutual use to one another. Trust me, you won't be able to get Cipher without our help," Katrina explained. Really, she was addressing Toretto's team – not that they cared – but she was also mostly ignored as they all seemed to focus on her husband.

"What a big mouth on a small head, coming from prisoner 6753," Deckard spat at Hobbs, finally within reach to rip Hobbs a new one for insulting his wife.

"Don't think we've forgotten everything that you've done," Letty said to Deckard.

"Don't think we've forgotten everything that you've done," Katrina fired back at the brunette. Deckard placed a hand on her back, keeping her close.

"We are not teaming up with them!" Tej said as he stood next to Letty.

"This bitch shot me! Twice!" Roman complained and Katrina stared daggers at him.

"Call me a bitch one more time and I won't need a gun to make you bleed," she threatened, and Roman's eyes flickered with fear.

"Let's get one thing clear. We ain't on your team. I don't care about you, your crew or your little family. We're here for Cipher," Deckard explained.

"What are you gonna do, apply for a job? Head asshole?" Hobbs asked, going back to staring at Deckard.

"You fit that title all too well, Hercules," Katrina smiled sarcastically as Deckard moved in front of her, closer to the table that separated him from Hobbs.

"You know, I think that tight t-shirt is cutting off the circulation to your brain. You should get a bigger size. Cipher came to me first. Wanted me to steal Nightshade for her. When I said no, she tried going after my wife, only to go after my brother when she failed," Deckard explained as he walked around the table to meet Hobbs.