Chapter 18

The Next Day

The ride back from Upstate University was silent with music playing in the background in William's car. Jesse has fallen asleep in the backseat where Mark was holding her. Mark plays with Jesse's amulet in his hand as it turns blue in his hand. "How can she be tried she didn't do anything." Amber said to Mark and William. "She was up all night." William said to her. "Doing what? There was a party but Jesse is not a fan of that type of thing." Amber said to him while Mark moves Jesse's hair out of her face. "She was reading then she was on her phone for hours." Mark said to her. "And she fallen asleep on the floor." William said to Amber who giggles a little. "Mark, you need to take care of your girl." Amber said to him playfully. "I am." Mark said to her while Jesse wakes up and she looks at Mark. William stops the car at Amber's house as Jesse sits up and Mark fixes her hair. "Thanks, William. See you guys later." Amber said to them. "Bye, Amber." Jesse said to her with a smile.  "See you later." Mark said to her and Amber walks over to her house. Suddenly, Jesse's phone rings making her look at it to see it was Rex. "Hey, Rex." Jesse said to him as William starts driving again.

"Hey, Jess are you back in town?"

Rex asks her making Mark look at her. "Yes, what happened? Did you hurt Eve again?" Jesse asks him. 

"Wait? No, nothing happened between me and Eve this time. Monster Girl, is coming back and I was hoping you would come by to see her."

Rex said to her making Jesse think about it. "I don't know." Jesse said to him. "Is that one of your hero friends? Can I meet them?" William asks him. "Too early for that." Jesse said to him making William make a face. "You can go if you want." Mark said to her making Jesse look at him. "You sure?" Jesse asks him. "Yes, what type of boyfriend would I be if I didn't let my girlfriend go see her friends." Mark said to her with a smile. 

"Listen to the man."

The two hear Rex. "Okay, I will be there." Jesse said to Rex who cheers loudly in Jesse's phone.

"I will see you soon, girl friend."

Rex said then the cell ends. "I guess I will see you later." Jesse said to Mark. "At my house." Mark said to her. "Sure." Jesse said to him then she kisses him lovely. "No making out in the back." William said to them as a portal opens up while Jesse pulls away from Mark. "I will see you later." Jesse said to him then she leans back into the portal that will take her to the Guardians' base. 

Later At The Guardians' Base

Amanda arrives at the base after coming back from the Global Defense Agency. "Hello?" Amanda calls out when she sees the base has all lights off. "Hmm, so much for "welcome back." Congrats for not dying when a giant space cat gave you brain surgery." Amanda said to herself then fireworks goes off.

" Amanda said to herself then fireworks goes off

Then the lights turn on and there was the team.