Recap

A/N: You can read this if you want but here's a warning. It's 29 pages long and over 5000 words. If you didn't read book one you should read this.

Previously on Love & War: To hold

Marlene: "Try not to get too drunk, I'm not cleaning up your vomit again."

Hailey: "And you try not to go home with an old man."

Toni: "It was the new owners idea.

Marlene: "Excuse me?"

Marlene: "Welcome to Intermission, I don't know the specials 'cause I wasn't supposed to wait on tables tonight but here we are. Do you guys know what you want to drink or do you need a few minutes?"

Jon: "Nice waitress you wanted."

Joe: "She's hot, it's not my fault. Look miss, if you're gonna work for me you need customer service."

Marlene: "I'm assuming you're the new owners?"

Joe: "Yes, my name is Joe Anoai, this is my cousin aka my right hand man Joshua Fatu and his twin brother Jonathan Fatu."

Marlene: "I didn't ask for an introduction so now are you ready to order or are you gonna give me a back story about your life?"

Josh: "Is it just me or is she hot when she's mad?"

Joshua: "I was wondering if I could get your number?"

Marlene: "I love how you're hitting on me and asking for my number and you don't know if I have boyfriend or talking to someone."

Joshua"Are you?"

Marlene: "no."

Joshua: "Then can I get your number?"

Marlene: "sure why not."

Jon: "1-800 never gonna happen. That's hilarious."

Joshua: "I'll find her again."

Jon: "You'll be alright, you're out of her league anyway."

Melanie: "hello I'm Melanie."

Joe: "I'm Joe, this is Joshua and Jon."

Joshua: "I still want to know why."

Marlene: "Give me one good reason why I should've gave you my number?"

Joshua: "Just give me one chance and if you don't like me then we don't have to see each other again."

Marlene: "Fine give me your phone."

Joshua: "You have to be in your early 20s."

Marlene: "I'm twenty-one, twenty-two in a couple months. How old are you?"

Joshua: "I'm 29."

Briana: "Well well well, if it isn't the right hand man with- well whoever this is. Run while you can, his cousin is a real bitch also a manipulator. Tell your manipulative cousin to pay up or we're gonna put him down."

Bianca: "Well you tell him that he has exactly 30 days to return those stolen jewels from my shop or things are gonna start going up in flames."

Marlene: Hello are you friends of Hailey?"

Rhea: "Looks like you found someone else to join your mafia."

Marlene: "Excuse me? This is the third time I ran into sketchy people because of you so I want the whole truth right."

Joshua: "I'm in a gang or a mafia whatever you want to call it."

Marlene: "I um- I gotta go."

Marlene: "I like you a lot and I really care about you but it's really hard to see past this mafia thing."