Love

Marlene's birthday

Marlene's birthday...

"Happy birthday baby

"Happy birthday baby." Joshua hugged Marlene from behind giving her a kiss on her cheek. "I have a special day planned for us, well mainly you."

"You took me here, that's enough." She melted into his embrace as he kissed her neck.

"It's my baby's birthday, it's never enough." He turned her around and kissed her lips. "Let's call Hailey and talk to our kids so we can start the day off right." He gave her another kiss and she laughed.

She pulled out her phone and dialed Hailey number after the third ring Hailey finally picked up.

"Sup lovebirds, I hope you're not calling me while you're naked in bed." Hailey said and Marlene rolled her eyes."

"Fool I'm outside, put my children on the phone." Marlene said and the phone shuffled before she seen Memphis, Jessalynn and Jonelle's face.

" Marlene said and the phone shuffled before she seen Memphis, Jessalynn and Jonelle's face

"Hi mommy!" They said at the same time

"Hi babies." She said back to them.

"Y'all not going to greet your dad." Joshua put his head in the frame and the kids smiled even harder.

"Hi daddy!"

"It's your mom's birthday today, what do you want to do for her birthday when she gets back?" Joshua asked them.

"Dress up." Jonelle said.

"Dress up? You want to play dress up with mommy?" Marlene asked and both of the twins nodded.

"We can play with my toys." Memphis suggested.

"We can do all those things, are you three being good for your aunts and uncles?" Marlene asked. They nodded and Marlene smiled. "That's good well we love you guys and we'll see you soon."

"We love you too."

Marlene hung up the phone and sighed. "I miss my little goofballs."

Joshua kissed the side of her head. "I miss them too but we'll see them in a couple of days."

"I know but I feel guilty leaving them for so long." Marlene admitted feeling mom guilt.

"It's alright okay, the kids are safe and doing just fine." He moved her hair from her face. "We'll see them faster than you know it."

"I love you." She leaned into his embrace and took in his intoxicating cologne.

"I love you too, now let's get your birthday started." She nodded letting him go.

A/N: I'm posting the last chapter tomorrow; this book took longer than I anticipated.