Come back to me

25 weeks pregnant

25 weeks pregnant...

"Marley you gotta get out of bed. This isn't healthy for you or the baby." Hailey said pulling off the covers.

"I do get out of bed, I went to see Joshua yesterday and now I'm going to see him again now." Marlene said sitting up. She rubbed her baby bump. She was hoping when she got there he was going to awake but every time hopes he is she goes to the hospital and he's never awake. Breathing but not awake.

"That's not what I meant and you know it." Hailey said as Marlene put on some pants. "You need to start eating."

"I am eating. Just because as much as you guys want me to eat doesn't mean I'm not eating." She scoffed.

"One meal a day isn't eating woman. How do you think Joshua is going to feel when he wakes up and finds that you and the baby are in critical condition?" Hailey questioned and Marlene sighed.

"Alright we can pick something up along the way to the hospital. I really need to see my baby." She said and Hailey nodded.

" She said and Hailey nodded

An hour later...

Marlene ate her beside Joshua. He was still in a coma and her due date was coming up. She wants him to be there but the closer the date gets the more she feels like he won't be there with her. This is not even close to how she imagined having her first child.

"Baby...I need you to come back to me." She said wiping a stray tear. "I need you to come back to US. I need you but our son needs you more than me. I can't do this without you. I told you I can't lose you the way I lost everyone else. You can't leave us. I need you to fight not just for us but for your family."

Stay with me baby
I'm here for you
Through the rain and the battles, whatever
I'll be there, too
'Cause it ain't time to go
Yeah, this I know
We got much more to do
So, come on, come on back
To me

Marlene hummed tears rolling down her face. "Did you just make that up?" Trinity asked startling Marlene. "Sorry."

"It's alright and sorta. I'm just waiting for him to finally wake up. What if he doesn't though? I can't be a single mother."

"Alright calm down." Trinity said walking over to her. "You're not going to be a single mom okay, you're spiraling calm down. I can promise you right now that you won't be a single mother."

"You don't know that. The doctors said he made no progress.  They don't even know if he'll wake up or not." Marlene said looking down.

"Trust me he'll wake up." Trinity gave Marlene a warm smile.

"Again you don't know that."

"Oh but I think she does." She heard Joshua say just above a whisper. She turned around in shock tears welling up in her eyes. Her heart racing as Joshua gave her a small smile. "Hi baby."