Vol7, Arriving at West By

Ghost Maker

Chp-1, A back to home ride

The journey to Westby was a blur for Carbon Spider. Illyana's teleportation, while undeniably efficient, felt like being crammed into a cosmic washing machine. When they finally arrived, the harsh sunlight of Westby felt foreign on his skin, a stark contrast to the sterile environment of the X-Mansion.

Westby itself was a shadow of its former glory. Towering, once-gleaming skyscrapers were now cracked and chipped, their reflective surfaces dull with neglect. The streets teemed with a restless energy, a mix of desperation and defiance in the eyes of the passersby. As they navigated the crowded avenues, whispers followed them - "The prodigal son returns," "Is that Tigerman with him?", "Who is the girl?"

Their destination was a once-grand penthouse apartment atop a dilapidated skyscraper. The interior was surprisingly well-maintained, a testament to Carbon Spider's meticulous nature. Panoramic windows offered a breathtaking view of the sprawling cityscape, marred only by the scars of neglect and decay.

Carbon Spider remained silent, his gaze flickering on his new teammates. Tigerman, ever the pragmatist, cleared his throat. "So, what exactly is the situation here? What kind of threats are we dealing with?"

"The Kingpin has his claws sunk deep into Westby. He controls the police, the media, everything. But there's a new player in town - a mysterious figure called Ghostmaker, who's been disrupting Kingpin's operations."

Illyana raised an eyebrow. "Disrupting? Like causing chaos, or actual good?"

"We don't know,"The people admitted"Ghostmaker operates in the shadows, a phantom striking from the darkness. They've got the Kingpin on edge, that's for sure. But their methods are...unorthodox."

Carbon Spider finally spoke, his voice laced with a dangerous edge. "So, you want us to clean up your mess, pick sides in a gang war?"

"It's bigger than that, Spider," countered. "This is about taking back Westby. Giving us people a chance. We need a symbol of hope, someone to rally behind."

Carbon Spider stared out the window, the cityscape bathed in the golden light of the setting sun. The weight of expectation settled on his shoulders. He was back in his element, the darkness of Westby a familiar cloak. But this time, he wasn't alone. He had a team, a purpose beyond vengeance. A spark of something flickered in his eyes - determination, perhaps, or maybe even a flicker of hope.

"Alright," he said finally. "Let's see what this Ghostmaker is all about."

Chp-2, The Plan

The plan was simple - gather intel while staying under the radar. Tigerman, eager to prove his worth, suggested a more aggressive approach, but Carbon Spider shut him down.