Vol16, Exodus's Plans

Exodus

X-23

Chp-1, The Plan Behind the backs

General Vex watched the holographic display flicker, a scowl etched deep into his scarred face. It showed the derelict office building, the scene of their recent humiliation. Agent Venom, a grotesque mockery of the symbiote they sought to control, had thwarted their plans once again.

"They're getting bolder," hissed Vex, his voice a rasp through the metallic filter of his helmet. His crimson gaze snapped towards his advisors, two figures shrouded in darkness.

"Indeed," rasped a voice, distorted by a mechanical mask. "This Agent Venom... unexpected. His symbiote appears to be operating at a higher capacity than anticipated."

The other figure, cloaked in swirling shadows, remained silent, only its glowing red eyes betraying any interest.

Vex slammed his fist on the command table. "Enough observations! We need a solution. That symbiote disruption device... it complicates things."

"Perhaps," said the voice with the mask, "we can use it to our advantage. We could create a counter-disruptor, a device to sever the bond entirely."

Vex considered this, his brow furrowed. "And once the bond is severed...?"

"The symbiote, weakened and disoriented, will be ripe for capture," the masked figure continued. "We can then analyze it, understand its full potential, and perhaps..." a cruel smile played on the distorted lips visible through the mask, "replicate it."

The figure in the shadows shifted, a low growl emanating from its form. "Intriguing. But capturing the symbiote won't be easy. This Agent Venom... he fights with a cunning that belies his monstrous form."

Vex nodded, a flicker of respect replacing the anger in his eyes. "Then we send in our own champion. Someone who understands the true potential of power, who won't be swayed by sentimentality."

He turned to a screen displaying a lone figure, clad in sleek black armor, a menacing red X emblazoned on its chest. "It's time for X-23 to make her debut."