Vol10, Timelines

Alternative Illyana Rasputin

Chp-1, No Secrecy

Coulson remained impassive. "This weapon, it concerns both of us. Harrison Lab's tech like this... it's far beyond anything the Kingpin could handle. And frankly, beyond your capabilities as well."

His words stung, but a begrudging truth resonated within them. The heroes exchanged uneasy glances. They had achieved their objective, and neutralized the weapon, but at a cost. S.H.I.E.L.D. was now involved, and their motives remained shrouded in secrecy.

Suddenly, a voice boomed from the shadows. Emerging from the darkness, Ghostmaker stood tall, their imposing figure cloaked in their usual silence. They gestured towards their helmet.

"Communication compromised," their distorted voice rasped. "We cannot risk further leaks. Suggest... alternative channel."

Intrigued, Magik raised an eyebrow. "An alternative channel? What do you propose?"

Ghostmaker tapped a series of commands on a wrist-mounted device. A holographic map flickered to life, depicting a network of hidden tunnels crisscrossing beneath Westby. A red dot pulsed at its center – an abandoned subway station, long forgotten by the city.

"This," Ghostmaker rasped, "a neutral ground. No S.H.I.E.L.D., no heroes, just... a discussion."

The heroes exchanged glances, the weight of the decision heavy. Could they trust a figure as enigmatic as Ghostmaker? But the alternative - working with S.H.I.E.L.D. or going it alone - held even greater risks.

Finally, Carbon Spider spoke, his voice laced with a cautious optimism. "Alright, Ghostmaker. Lead the way. But one wrong move, and this alliance crumbles faster than a house of cards."

Ghostmaker inclined their head in a gesture that could be interpreted as a nod. With a flick of their wrist, they vanished into the shadows. The heroes, a mix of apprehension and determination etched on their faces, followed suit, disappearing into the labyrinthine network of tunnels beneath the city.

Chp-2, The Hidden Base

The abandoned subway station reeked of damp earth and forgotten dreams. Dusty posters plastered the walls, advertisements for a bygone era. In the center of the cavernous space, Ghostmaker had materialized, a lone figure bathed in the dim glow of a flickering lantern.

The heroes cautiously approached, their powers simmering just beneath the surface. They were wary, but a fragile sense of trust hung in the air.

"This is your base?" Magik asked, her voice laced with suspicion.

Ghostmaker shook their head, a gesture barely perceptible in the dim light. "Temporary refuge. This city..." they paused, their voice crackling. "It hides many secrets."