Striked Normal

Outside The Village Inn
Eren's POV
The walk home was the first normal activity we have done as a family in seven months. Going through the market area, the kids were amazed by all the unfamiliar smells and trinkets people created.

At at the edge of the sidewalk, right off the cobblestone road is a stand that sells hand crafted mask. Intrigued by the individual designs, the Twins stare intensely in place.

Mikasa and I watch them from a short distance behind them so people can walk around us. It's unfortunate that they had to see the world outside our lands in their circumstances but at least they can finally enjoy a town free from the scrutiny of my crimes.

"Im actually shocked they stopped to look at mask instead of all the toys, and candy."

"Unlike them, You wanted to join the CAV. Scout regiment like an idiot. Personally Id rather this." She sighs, crossing her arms.

Copying her stance, I bump her hip with mine "True, but At least I had you and Armin by my side."

Bumping my hip back "More like you could not have done it without us" she smiles, revealing a light laugh line near the sides of her eyes. Who would've thought laugh lines would make her more attractive than she already was. Not realizing I was staring she frowns "Why are you looking so intensely at me?" She pushes my face away embarrassed.

"I just didn't realize we were at that age where we get wrinkles. Did I get some too?" I play dumb, knowing the comment will inevitably make her annoyed and very flustered.

To my surprise she chuckles putting a finger on my forehead "You haven't noticed those cute forehead wrinkles yet."

"I do not" feeling flustered myself I cover my forehead.

"See there they are" she teases, sounding surprised I made them appear we laugh together at the fact we are both getting older.

"What would you wear these for?" I overhear Clara ask Min through the crowd of voices.

"For special events with dresses and stuff" he speaks confidently.

Done being teased by Mikasa I walk behind them seeing a mirrored mask. Out of all the mask this one catches my eye as it surrounds the whole head. Looking closer to see if it opens from the side, I pause at my reflection. For some reason it felt like looking into my soul even though nothing about me has changed.

"Dad if you use that one when you fight, it will be like they are fighting themselves." Clara chuckles to herself

I ruffle her hair "You've got a point there" Puffing her cheeks she pouts fixing her hair to lay flat again.

"Hey Eren, let's take them to get some ice cream." Mikasa suggests nudging her chin to the ice cream stand two stands down.

"Thats a great idea" I state, directing the kids to turn around. Ice cream cones brings back those memories of when we went to Marley for the first time. When Mikasa offered me to try some with her cute flushed expression she only shows me.  If only I wasn't so spaced out from the visions of the rumbling, I would've been able to enjoy that time with her and Armin.

The man at the stand hands each of them a cone, as Mikasa only ordered us one "Good idea, we can save some of the money" I compliment her.

Licking the ice cream seductively, she raises a brow "Don't you remember? Through an ice cream cone we shared our first indirect kiss" she smirks, handing me the cone.

I smile at the idea Taking the cone I notice she had some ice cream on the corner of her lip. Reaching up I wipe it, licking the remainder off my thumb. Bitting her lip she moves her gaze away with a grin, knowing I was flirting back.