Chapter 32

Reena fell asleep on the couch in the living room, exhausted from the day's emotional turmoil and physical labor.

Meanwhile, in Rocky's room, the atmosphere was tense. The woman he had brought home was trying to unbutton his shirt, her intentions clear. Rocky's hand shot up, gripping her wrists firmly. He pushed her away with a measured force, keeping her at arm's length.

"Enough," he said coldly, his eyes hard.

"But you said you wanted to do this," the woman protested, her irritating voice tinged with frustration.

Rocky's expression remained icy. "Do what you are told," he commanded.

The woman pouted, trying once more to draw closer to him. "Come on, Rocky. You don't have to be so cold. We could have a good time."

Rocky's grip tightened slightly before he released her. "I said no," he repeated, his tone leaving no room for argument.

Frustrated, the woman stepped back, glaring at him. "You're no fun," she muttered, but she knew better than to push him further.

Rocky watched her leave the room, his mind a whirlwind of conflicting emotions. He thought he wanted this, to lose himself in someone else, to distract himself from the dark path he was on.

But he realized now that he didn't want to get physical with any woman. Only Reena occupied his thoughts, her presence haunting him even in moments like these.

His mind kept circling back to her, to the look in her eyes, to the quiet strength she seemed to carry despite everything. This was all a ruse, a game of revenge he was playing, but somewhere along the line, Reena had become more than just a pawn.

No I have to break her he thought.

Rocky sighed, running a hand through his messy hair. He sat down on the edge of his bed, feeling the weight of his choices bearing down on him. He was ruthless, driven by a desire for vengeance, but something in him was shifting, and he couldn't ignore it.

As the rain continued to patter against the windows, Rocky lay back on his bed, staring at the ceiling. Reena's face floated in his mind's eye, and he wondered just how far he was willing to go for his revenge, and at what cost to himself.

*******

The next morning, Reena woke up, her eyes sore from all the crying and her body aching from sleeping in an awkward position on the couch.

She sat up slowly, trying to gather her thoughts and muster the energy to face another day. The events of the previous night replayed in her mind, making her heart feel heavy.

She stood up and walked towards her room, dreading what she might see. She didn't want to encounter Rocky and the woman together, but she had no choice.

All her belongings were in that room, and she needed them. Resolving to shift her things to another room, she opened the door with a soft click, bracing herself.

To her surprise and relief, the bed was occupied by Rocky alone. The woman was nowhere to be seen. Rocky lay sprawled across the bed, his black shirt and pants still on, but his shoes kicked off. His hair was tousled, and he looked strangely peaceful in his sleep.

Reena took a deep breath, feeling a mixture of relief and confusion. She tiptoed into the room, moving quietly to avoid waking him. She started gathering her clothes, toiletries, and personal items, stuffing them into a bag as silently as possible.

As she reached for a book on the nightstand, she paused, her eyes falling on Rocky. Despite everything, there was a vulnerability in his sleeping form that she hadn't noticed before.

She shook her head, pushing the thought away. She couldn't afford to feel anything for him, not after all he had done and said.

Just as she turned to leave, Rocky stirred, his eyes fluttering open. He looked at her with a mixture of grogginess and curiosity.

"What are you doing?" he asked, his voice rough with sleep.

"I'm moving my things to another room," Reena replied softly, trying to keep her voice steady.

Rocky sat up, his expression hardening. "Why?"

Reena swallowed hard. "I don't want to be in the same room as you. Also you said that I won't be sleeping here anymore."

Rocky's eyes narrowed. "You think you can just escape from me that easily?"

Reena met his gaze, her own eyes filled with a quiet determination. "I'm not trying to escape. I just need some space."

Rocky stood up, moving closer to her. "Space? You think you deserve space after everything your father has done?"

Reena flinched but stood her ground. "I'm not my father, Rocky. I'm my own person."

Rocky's expression darkened, but he didn't say anything. Instead, he turned and walked towards the washroom, leaving Reena alone.

She let out a shaky breath, feeling a strange sense of victory. It wasn't much, but it was a small step towards reclaiming her own space, her own life.

As she continued packing her things, she realized that this was the beginning of a new resolve. She wouldn't let Rocky's bitterness and cruelty define her. She would find a way to endure, to survive, and maybe even to fight back in her own way.

She would take one day at a time, and she would find her strength, no matter what.

After shifting all her belongings to the room at the far right corner of the corridor, away from Rocky's room, Reena went to the kitchen and prepared breakfast. She made it only for Rocky as she didn't have any appetite. As she placed it on the table, right on cue, Rocky walked downstairs.

He wore a crisp grey suit, his hair slicked back, and a silver Patek Philippe on his wrist. He exuded wealth and danger. He walked towards her and stood in front of her.

"Be ready at 8. We have somewhere to be," he said coldly, not even sparing her a glance before walking out of the mansion.

📌Target: 100 votes

Please complete the target so that you can get the updates quickly!