𝐜𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐬

cherry's bright red convertible cruised through the streets of tulsa, its top down to let the warm summer breeze ruffle their hair

cherry's bright red convertible cruised through the streets of tulsa, its top down to let the warm summer breeze ruffle their hair. the sun had just begun its descent, casting a golden hue over the city. lucille sat in the front passenger seat, her long brown hair flowing freely, while marcia sat in the back, humming to the catchy tunes on the radio.

the air was filled with excitement and anticipation for the evening ahead. as they drove, the girls took in the wonderful sights of tulsa.

the streets were busy with people finishing their day’s work, children playing, and couples strolling hand-in-hand. they waved at a few familiar faces and laughed as the girls shared stories from their week amongst each other.

as they neared the drive-in theater, the sky had taken on darker shades of pink and purple. the girls could see the large screen in the distance and the rows of cars already parked and waiting for the movie to start.

cherry expertly maneuvered the car into a good spot, close enough to see the screen clearly but far enough from the crowds to enjoy some privacy.

they got out of the car and made their way to the seating area, where rows of fold-out chairs were set up. lucille, cherry, and marcia picked a row towards the middle, offering a perfect view of the screen.

the atmosphere was buzzing with excitement; people chatted animatedly, children ran around playing tag, and the smell of popcorn and hotdogs filled the air.

the movie started, and the girls quickly became engrossed in the story. it was an old western, full of daring cowboys and thrilling chases.

halfway through, lucille realized they were running low on snacks. "i'm going to the concession stand," she whispered to cherry and marcia. "do you want anything?" "more popcorn, please," marcia replied.

"and a soda for me," cherry added. lucille nodded and made her way towards the concession stand, weaving through the crowd.

the stand was brightly lit, a beacon in the darkening night, with a menu that boasted all kinds of treats. she waited in line, tapping her foot to the rhythm of the movie's background score that played in the distance.

as she reached the front, she placed her order: two popcorns and three sodas. the concession stand attendant handed her the items one by one.

just as she was about to turn and head back to her friends, she felt a presence beside her. "hey there doll," a voice drawled. lucille turned to see a tall, lean boy with striking features and an air of arrogance about him.

it was dallas winston, he was infamous around town for his tough demeanor and multiple run-ins with the law.

"hi," lucille replied cautiously, balancing the snacks in her arms. "you must be new around here," dallas said, a smirk playing on his lips.

"because i'd definitely remember a face like yours." lucille laughed, thinking it was a joke. "nice try," she said, rolling her eyes.

dallas's smirk widened. "oh, come on now. don't be like that. how about i show you a good time after the movie? we could go for a ride." lucille’s patience began to wear thin.