𝐩𝐚𝐲𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤

the next day at school, the sun rose over the bustling campus, casting long shadows across the hallways filled with students

the next day at school, the sun rose over the bustling campus, casting long shadows across the hallways filled with students. lucille walked with a spring in her step, chatting animatedly with cherry and marcia about their plans for the weekend.

she felt a sense of relief returning after the unsettling encounter with dallas the previous day. meanwhile, in a secluded corner of the schoolyard, dallas and his somewhat friends, tim and curly, huddled together, discussing their plan.

"alright, you two,” dallas said, his voice low and commanding. “today’s the day we start gathering intel on lucille. i want to know everything about her, who she talks to, where she goes, what she likes, what she hates. got it?”

tim nodded, a mischievous grin spreading across his face. “got it. i’ll start by tailing her between classes. she won’t even know i'm there.”

curly, still slightly uneasy about the plan, glanced around nervously. “i’ll see what i can find out from her classmates. maybe they’ll spill some useful info.” dallas smirked, his eyes glinting with anticipation.

"good. meet me at the usual spot after school, and we’ll go over everything you find.” as the first bell rang, signaling the start of the school day, the three boys dispersed, each slipping into their roles with determination.

tim made his way through the crowded hallways, keeping a discreet distance behind lucille as she navigated her way to her locker.

he watched as she exchanged books, then chatted briefly with cherry and marcia before heading to her first class. tim followed, careful to remain unnoticed. in the classroom, tim took a seat at the back, observing lucille from behind a textbook.

he noted the way she interacted with her friends, her easy laughter, and the focused way she took notes during the lesson. he made mental notes of everything, determined to provide dallas with all the details.

meanwhile, curly was busy striking up conversations with students who knew lucille. during lunch, he casually joined a group that included some of lucille’s classmates.

“so, what’s the deal with lucille?” curly asked, trying to sound genuinely curious. “she seems pretty cool.”a girl named sarah, who sat near lucille in history class, shrugged.

“lucille’s great, she's such an angel. she’s smart, always helps people out with homework. and she’s dating edward, you know, the guy on the football team.”

curly feigned surprise. “oh, really? didn’t know that. they must be pretty serious.” sarah nodded.

“yeah, they’re like the perfect couple, always together. he even gives her flowers, it’s kinda sweet, actually.” curly filed this information away, sensing its potential importance.

as the conversation continued, he gleaned bits and pieces about lucille’s schedule, her favorite hangouts, and her general demeanor. by the time the final bell rang, he felt confident he had enough to report back to dallas.