𝐚 𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐝 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞

morning light began to creep through the curtains, and dallas felt a heaviness settle over him

morning light began to creep through the curtains, and dallas felt a heaviness settle over him. it had been weeks since he started payback on lucille. but he couldn’t shake the feeling that he was losing himself in the process.

dallas finally sat up, his mind made up. he couldn’t keep doing this. he couldn’t keep hurting lucille just to prove a point.

he had to find a way to make things right, even if it meant swallowing his pride and admitting he was in the wrong.

the thought of confronting lucille, of apologizing, filled him with dread. but he knew it was the only way.

he had to face the consequences of his actions, had to take responsibility for the mess he had created.

as he got ready to head to town, dallas felt a sense of resolve settle over him. it wouldn’t be easy, and he didn’t know if lucille would ever forgive him that easily.

but he had to try. he had to start making amends, one step at a time.

with a deep breath, he headed out the door, the weight of his guilt still heavy but tempered by a newfound determination. today would be the beginning of something different, something better. he just hoped it wasn’t too late.

meanwhile at the grocery store, dallas took a step back, hands up in a gesture of surrender. “hey, i didn’t mean to bump into you. just grabbing some food man.” lucille crossed her arms, her expression still guarded.

“what do you want, dallas? haven’t you done enough?” dallas felt a pang of guilt but tried to keep his cool demeanor. “look, i know i’ve been a jerk. i wanted to apologize.”

lucille’s eyes widened in surprise, but her anger didn’t fade. “apologize? after everything you’ve done? why should i believe you?”

dallas shifted uncomfortably, glancing around the nearly empty aisle. “i get it. you have every right to be mad. i screwed up, okay? i let my anger get the best of me, and i took it out on you. i’m sorry.” lucille’s anger flared up again.

“you think a simple ‘sorry’ is going to fix everything? you humiliated me, spread lies about me, and made my life miserable for weeks!” dallas winced at her words, feeling the weight of his actions more acutely.

“i know, and i’m not asking for forgiveness right away. i just… i want you to know that i regret what i did.”

lucille stared at him, her expression a mix of anger and incredulity. “why should i believe you?” dallas took a deep breath, struggling to maintain his composure.

"because i'm standing here, admitting i was wrong. i don’t do that often, lucille. i know i’ve got a reputation, but i’m trying to be better.”

for a moment, they stood in tense silence. then lucille’s expression softened, but just a fraction. “you really hurt me, dallas. i don’t know if i can just forget about that.”