𝐟𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐥

the visiting room in the jailhouse was stark and impersonal, a sharp contrast to the warmth and familiarity of the world outside

the visiting room in the jailhouse was stark and impersonal, a sharp contrast to the warmth and familiarity of the world outside. lucille's footsteps echoed on the linoleum floor as she made her way towards the designated visitation area.

the air felt heavy with anticipation, each step bringing her closer to dallas yet also highlighting the vast distance that separated them.

finally, she reached the designated table where dallas sat, his expression weary but his eyes lighting up as he caught sight of her. lucille's heart fluttered at the sight of him, a mix of longing and sadness washing over her.

"dallas," she breathed, her voice barely above a whisper as she took a seat opposite him."lucille," dallas replied, his voice tinged with both relief and a hint sorrow. "i wasn't sure if you'd come."

lucille reached out across the table, her fingers trembling slightly as they brushed against dallas's hand. the simple touch was a lifeline amidst the cold reality of their circumstances.

"i had to see you, i missed you so much," lucille admitted, her gaze never leaving his. "i couldn't bear another day without knowing how you're doing." dallas offered her a faint smile, though it didn't quite reach his eyes.

"it's been tough," he confessed, his voice carrying the weight of weeks spent in confinement. "but seeing you now makes it a little easier." a lump formed in lucille's throat as she took in dallas's tired appearance.

his hair was unkempt, and there were dark circles under his eyes, evidence of sleepless nights and the strain of their situation.

"i wish i could take away all this pain," lucille whispered, her eyes glistening with unshed tears. dallas squeezed her hand gently, a silent reassurance amidst the turmoil. "you being here means everything to me," he said softly. "even in here, knowing you're out there, it gives me tons of hope."

hope. the word hung in the air, a fragile thread connecting them across the chasm of prison walls and separation. lucille wanted to hold onto that hope, to believe that somehow, they would find a way back to each other.

but reality intruded, casting a shadow over their fleeting moments together. dallas's next words pierced through the fragile bubble of hope, bringing with them a sense of resignation.

"lucille, we have to be realistic," dallas began, his voice tinged with some sadness. "this situation, it ain't fair to either of us. we can't keep living like this, torn apart and struggling to hold onto something that's slowly slipping away."

the weight of his words settled heavily on lucille's shoulders. she had known deep down that their relationship was hanging by a thread, but hearing it spoken aloud made it all too real.

tears welled up in lucille's eyes, threatening to spill over. "i don't want to lose you dallas," she whispered, her voice trembling with emotion. dallas's gaze softened, a hint of sorrow flickering in their depths.