New storm

"What did you say?" he asked, his eyes wide with surprise.

I took a deep breath, looking straight into his eyes. "I said I love you, Alex. I've been scared to admit it, but I can't hide it anymore. You mean everything to me."

For a moment, he just stared at me, as if trying to process my words. Then, a slow, radiant smile spread across his face. He pulled me closer, his eyes shining with happiness.

"I love you too," he whispered, his voice filled with emotion. "I've been waiting to hear you say that."

We stood there, wrapped in each other's arms, letting the words sink in. It felt like a weight had been lifted off my shoulders, and for the first time, I felt truly at peace.

Alex gently cupped my face in his hands, his thumb brushing away a stray tear. "You have no idea how much this means to me," he said softly. "I've wanted to hear those words from you for so long."

I smiled, feeling a sense of relief and joy wash over me. After we finished our meal, we found ourselves back in the bedroom, lying side by side. Alex held me close, his fingers gently tracing patterns on my back. "I promise you, I'm never going to let anything come between us," he whispered.

"I believe you," I replied, feeling a deep sense of contentment. "And I promise the same. No more walls, no more fears. Just us."

When I was saying that, I was not aware of the storm that was almost reaching our lives.

The next day, I was changing my clothes after my shift ended at the bar when one of my colleagues came to me.

"Someone is here to see you," he said, moving aside. I looked behind him curiously and saw a beautiful woman standing in branded clothes.

"Yes?" I said, not recognizing her.

"Hi, I'm Kristina Kensington, Alex's sister," she said in a soft voice. My heart immediately sank, knowing who she was.

"Let's go somewhere private," I said as I closed my locker. We walked to a quiet corner of the bar, away from prying eyes and ears. I could feel the tension in the air as we sat down.

Kristina's eyes were piercing, and she seemed to be assessing me carefully. "Leo, right?" she began, her tone polite but firm.

"Yes, that's right," I replied, trying to keep my voice steady.

"Alex mentioned you before. You're quite good-looking, but I'm surprised he's taken an interest in you. You're not his usual type," Kristina remarked.

Her gaze remained fixed on me, scrutinizing every inch of my body. She must have been taken aback by my tattoos. Alex was always so clean-cut, while I was a bit of a mess.

We were polar opposites, so it made sense for her to be surprised by my appearance. "People's preferences can change over time," I replied calmly.

Kristina nodded thoughtfully, as if pondering over my words. "Maybe," she replied cryptically, her expression giving away nothing. "But I never imagined my brother would be interested in men."

I nodded, acknowledging Kristina's words, though her assessment of me stung a bit. "Yes, people's tastes can indeed change," I replied, trying to keep my tone light despite the discomfort I felt. It was clear that she had certain expectations for her brother's partner, and I didn't quite fit the mold.

"I'll get straight to the point," Kristina said, her expression serious. "I came to ask you to stay away from Alex," she said bluntly. Her words hit me like a punch in the gut.