Living together

I wasn't expecting Ethan to tell me everything, and hearing him made my heart ache with pain and guilt. I sighed, looking away, unsure of what to say.

"I understand what's going on in your mind," Ethan said gently. "But maybe you can give him a chance to explain, to make things right. He really loves you. If not, then leave him before he loses his soul again. We can't see him go through that pain again.
He won't be able to handle losing you again. Please, take it as me begging you. Give him one chance. In the past seven years, he never thought of anyone but you. He only loves you all these years."

As I gazed into Ethan's earnest eyes, a whirlwind of emotions swirled within me. His words resonated deeply, stirring up a mixture of longing, doubt, and a glimmer of hope.

Could it be true that Alex had endured so much pain and turmoil in my absence? Was it possible that his actions, albeit misguided, stemmed from a place of genuine fear and love?

I wrestled with conflicting thoughts, torn between the desire to forgive and the fear of being hurt again.

Ethan's plea tugged at my heartstrings, urging me to consider the possibility of reconciliation. But could I truly trust Alex again? Could I set aside the betrayal and open my heart to him once more?

Lost in my inner turmoil, I felt a sense of vulnerability wash over me.

The walls I had built around my heart seemed to waver, crumbling under the weight of Ethan's heartfelt appeal. Despite my reservations, a part of me yearned for closure, for answers to the questions that had plagued me for so long.

Taking a deep breath, I turned to Ethan, my voice tinged with uncertainty.

"I don't know, Ethan. It's all so complicated. I want to believe that Alex had good intentions, but the pain of the past still lingers. I don't know if I can trust him again."

Ethan nodded understandingly, his gaze filled with empathy.

"I understand, Leo. It's not an easy decision to make, and only you can determine what's best for you. Just know that whatever you decide, I'll be here to support you."

I offered him a faint smile, grateful for his unwavering support. "Thank you, Ethan. I appreciate your honesty and your friendship."

With a reassuring squeeze of my hand, Ethan rose from his seat. "Take your time, Leo. Trust your instincts, and remember that you deserve happiness."

As he left the room, I was left alone with my thoughts once more. The weight of Ethan's words lingered in the air, urging me to confront my fears and uncertainties.

Deep down, I knew that the path ahead would be fraught with challenges and doubts. But perhaps, just perhaps, it was worth taking a leap of faith for the chance at love and redemption.
After a while, Alex and Lisa returned, and Lisa was beaming with happiness.

"Daddy, Uncle buy me this?" She showed me a princess doll with excitement.

"You're spoiling her," I remarked, giving Alex a pointed look. Alex grinned shamelessly in response.

"Don't worry, I also got something for you," he said, placing a shopping bag on the table. "I don't need anything," I replied, hiding my curiosity.

"I know you don't need anything, but right now, you need a phone," he insisted as he pulled out a brand new cell phone.

"I've already saved my number in it," he added, handing it to me. With hesitant hands, I accepted it. I knew I needed it, especially since my old phone was damaged in the accident.

"Can you help me retrieve all my old numbers from my old phone?" I asked, and he nodded in agreement.

"I'll do it," I nodded gratefully. I swiped open the phone and was shocked to see his number saved under the name 'husband.'