EPILOGUE

Epilogue: Eramnesia.

The first snow of winter had just begun to fall, blanketing the city in a pristine layer of white. The world seemed quieter, the usual hustle and bustle of the streets softened by the gentle descent of snowflakes.

Jisung and Minho strolled through the park, their breath visible in the crisp, cold air. The park, usually bustling with activity, was serene and nearly deserted, the perfect backdrop for what Minho had planned.

Minho walked beside Jisung, his expression calm and composed, yet his eyes betrayed a depth of emotion that he kept closely guarded. His gloved hand was wrapped tightly around Jisung's, drawing warmth from the simple contact.

As they walked, Jisung rambled about the different snowmen they could build, completely oblivious to Minho’s quiet anticipation.

“Maybe we can make a snow fox,” Jisung suggested, his eyes sparkling with childlike excitement. “Or a whole snow family! What do you think?”

Minho nodded slightly, his lips curving into a small smile. " Jisung's idea is good. But first, there’s something I want to show Jisung.”

Jisung raised an eyebrow, curiosity piqued. “Oh? What’s that?”

Minho led him off the main path and into a more secluded area of the park, where a small clearing lay untouched by other footprints.

In the center stood a single, large oak tree, its branches dusted with snow. Beneath it, a wooden bench sat, surrounded by a ring of softly glowing lanterns that Minho had set up earlier.

Jisung’s eyes widened in surprise and delight. “Minho, this is beautiful! When did you—”

“Sit with me,” Minho interrupted gently, guiding Jisung to the bench.

They sat down, and Minho took both of Jisung’s hands in his, his eyes serious and filled with a depth of emotion that took Jisung’s breath away. The world seemed to hold its breath, the only sound was the soft whisper of snowflakes falling around them.

“Jisung,” Minho began, his voice steady and quiet, but laden with meaning, “from the moment I met you, my life has changed in ways I never thought possible. You’ve shown me a world full of wonder and kindness, and you’ve taught me how to navigate it with your love and patience.”

Jisung’s eyes filled with tears, his heart pounding in his chest as he realized what was happening.

“You are my anchor in this strange, new world,” Minho continued, his voice barely above a whisper. “My soulmate, in every sense of the word. I cannot imagine my life without you by my side.”

Minho released one of Jisung’s hands to reach into his coat pocket, pulling out a small, velvet box. He opened it to reveal a simple, elegant ring that sparkled in the lantern light.

“Han Jisung,” Minho said, his voice steady and clear despite the cold air, “will you marry me? Will you continue to be my guide, my partner, my love, for all the days of our lives?”

Jisung felt the tears spill over, his heart so full he thought it might burst. He nodded fervently, his voice choked with emotion. “Yes, Minho. Yes, a thousand times yes!”

Minho’s lips curved into a rare, radiant smile as he slipped the ring onto Jisung’s finger. They leaned in, their lips meeting in a kiss that was tender and filled with the promise of a future together.

As they pulled apart, Jisung laughed softly, brushing away his tears. “You really know how to make a moment, don’t you?”

Minho’s eyes softened, a rare flicker of amusement dancing within them. “Only for Jisung. Only for you.”

They sat there for a while longer, wrapped in each other’s arms, the snow falling gently around them. The world outside might have been cold and silent, but within that little clearing, under the softly glowing lanterns, it was warm and full of love.
____________

The smell of vegetables sizzling in the pan filled the apartment, mingling with the warmth of the ondol floor heating. Snow gently fell outside, muffling the city sounds. Minho’s shirt, a thick cotton sweater, felt comforting against Jisung's skin. His arms, wrapped around Jisung, provided a safe haven.

It was so quiet, so calm. The table, once cluttered with take-out containers and books, now held a tidy array of winter fruits and a small bowl of tteok. A year ago, chaos reigned, but now there was order. Minho had bought a small pine plant because the florist said it would thrive in winter and clean the air.

There was no pressure here anymore, and Jisung could breathe. At that moment, he realised he was truly happy.

In a few days, they would travel to Busan by train, Minho ignored the snowy landscape to gaze at him. They would meet with Felix, and while things would still be difficult, they might be just a little bit easier than before.

They would visit Jeongin’s grave, where Jisung’s heart would break and heal as he apologised and buried his guilt in the same soil where he rested.

Now Jisung is outside, waiting for his soulmate to come and pick him up.

In a little more time, Minho would take him out to a cosy, traditional Korean restaurant. They would enjoy a meal of hot pot and kimchi, with red roses and a bottle of soju on the side. Afterward, Minho would kneel with a jade ring – one of the treasures the Lee family gave to their partners.

Jisung would laugh until he cried, with Minho looking at him fondly, and then he would say yes, of course. Later, Minho would make love to him with passion, warming the cold winter night.

Before, for him, snow in Seoul blowing with wind was like sharp blades cutting through the numb skin, consuming darkness into his heart but now it was different.

The snowy days severely freezing into Jisung's heart have never appeared again since he had him; Lee Minho.

When in the previous year, there was none beside him, deep in his heart, but that year Minho was beside him, his eyes clearer than the ice crystals, his face reminding him about the first snow.

“You're back!” Jisung muttered as he stood up from the bench, dusting off the snow from his tops.

“You are less dressed.” Minho muttered, taking off his scarf, only to wrap it around Jisung. Jisung smiled, taking Minho's hands which were surprisingly warm and placed them over his cheeks, looking at his lover, a galaxy in his eyes that Minho loved a lot to stare at for a long time.

“I have you.” Minho slightly smiled, hugging him close to his body. They both closed their eyes, knowing that they will be together for the rest of their life.

THE END