"Do you have any questions?" I ask her. I'm sitting in an armchair, and the other two are across from me on the sofa. The teacups are on the small table between us.

"Yes. What exactly should I expect? I mean, which collaborations or productions are you willing to participate in?" I look at her, surprised. I thought she would shrink back into her submissive demeanor like she did five minutes ago, but here, in a professional setting, she's fully focused and professional.

"Photoshoots, interviews, films, promotional videos, and, of course, lectures."

"All kinds or specific ones?"

"In what sense?"

"Interviews only about films or also current headlines and news? And what kind of films? Horror, fantasy, romance, etc.?"

"Oh, I see. It depends. Set aside interesting and important ones, and I'll decide where to say yes and where to say no. And for films, I always want to see the complete script before I agree or decline."

"Galas or theatre?"

"Separate the theatre events. I'll look through those if I'm interested. Galas only for films or particularly large ones." She has noted almost everything on her iPad.

"Do I have to be here every day, or can I sometimes work from home? I live about 30 minutes away, and there's often heavy traffic."

"At least three times a week to discuss appointments."

"Working hours?" she asks. I'm briefly distracted as Tim walks to the door. I hear him unlocking it. Apparently, he just took the kids somewhere.

"Helena? Are you here? Whose car is that outside?" Uh-oh. He sounds pissed.

"Yes, I'm in the office, and I have company."

"Oh, from whom? A woman, perhaps? Or a man?" He emphasizes 'woman' with interest but 'man' with anger and disgust.

"Both." He enters the room and scrutinizes Kaydi.

"Working hours?" she asks again, ignoring him. Tim visibly becomes irritated as no one pays him any attention.

"How about a 'Hello, esteemed Mr. Burton?!'" This isn't going to end well.

"Sorry, but I have a problem with cheaters and philanderers," she states confidently. Tim looks stunned, clearly not expecting this. He just snorts and leaves.

"Working hours?" Kaydi asks calmly.

"No. Some days you'll have a lot to manage, and others, no requests will come in."

"Good, that's it then. I'll learn the rest as I go." I nod and take a sip of my drink.

"Hey, you! Come with me!" Tim snaps from the doorway.

"Me?" Kaydi asks, surprised.

"Yes! Who else?!"

"I don't know, but I'm not about to let a guy like you lecture me. First, I can smell your breath from here; second, I'm not suicidal; and third, I'm not your employee, so you can't talk to me like that. It's also contractually stipulated that the partner has no authority over us. And in general, you should change your attitude towards women!"

-POV Kaydi-

Argh! I'm so angry at him!

I signal to Nils, nod briefly to Helena, and walk past Tim to the car. Nils follows and sits next to me.

"Sorry," I start, feeling guilty.

"No. It wasn't your fault. She knows that too. By the way, I gave her your number." I just nod silently, and we drive home.

"Should I come up again, or are your questions answered?"

"No, it's all good. Go ahead." He nods and leaves. I sigh and fall onto my bed, getting up only when my phone rings. I answer it.

"Yes, hello?"

"Hi, it's Helena."

What does she want?

"Why are you calling?"

"Is everything okay? I just wanted to check if you have any questions."

"No, not really. Although, actually... Is Mr. Burton still there?"

"No, only his assistant."

"Oh, what's her name?"

"I think it's Mia or something."

"Mia Brown?"

"Yeah, that's it! Do you know her?"

"Yes. She's my girlfriend."

"Oh, of course."