~Chapter 19~

Getting inside the metro was a laborious endeavor for sure, I was holding Shri's hand all the while, as she guided us both inside the crowded metro.
The rush, the urgency and the high pitched voices being so very evident.

Inside as well, there was not even any space to stand.
Dude, our high population reports are hitting me hard at this moment.
But wait, that isn't the only thing hitting me, I realised this as I came back to my senses.
I felt her soft locks hitting my face as she was standing near me, maintaining a distance though.
For seconds I was lost, looking at her.
The way her hair was playing with the tunes of the air and ruffling, the strands hitting my face softly.
It felt dreamy.

She was about to pull her hair strands away but I held her hand, and just at that moment, somebody pushed her, making her to land on my chest.

Fuck.
Breathe, Kartik!

A electrifying shock ran down my spine as I felt her hands over my chest.

Her hands rested on my chest, directly over my precordial region. I am sure she must have felt how insanely my heart was beating at that moment.

I, practically forgot to breathe, as I felt her hot breath fanning on my neck, making goosebumps to erupt over my entire body. Evoking emotions that I had never felt before.

I was anxious, nervous, freaking out and at the same moment, I was also on cloud nine dancing to my favorite tunes.

I never knew what it meant when they said about feeling zoo or feeling butterflies, but today, her closeness, her essence, that lavender-jasmine smell of hers, it's making something dance deep inside of me.
Maybe this is what it is, all the Butterflies and Blushes.

After a moment she was about to straighten her position, but I softly held her by her waist, ensuring that my touch didn't make her uncomfortable, I held her in my embrace.
Okay. This was not intended, but not wanting to lose her contact, it happened in a moment. The urge to hold her close, securely in my arms, protected from the crowds around took over involuntarily.

Both my hands were holding her safely, around her waist, as I made her to stand on my feet, since the space was so less.
Her hands still rested on my chest, as she looked up, directly into my eyes.

Her eyes.
I can speak about them without stopping. For real.

But at that moment, the way they were laced with shyness and the subtle blush on her cheeks conveying it very well, that she was as affected as I was, made me feel a shiver down my spine.

"Kartik.. ", she mumbled, while I simply pulled her hair strands,that disturbed her vision, behind her ear.
Her voice came as a mere whisper.

I bent a bit,to reach her right ear and said in a low voice, " Bheed bohot hai. Be close to me, please. "
As I whispered that to her, I felt her hold on my shirt over my chest, tighten, as she crippled my crisp shirt in her little fists.
A small smile broke on my face.