The First Step

Plan Arrangement

Lenias Urbiant, Fanian De Vimp, Ziral Gibtus, Fable Luxuria, Romax Fendelion, and Churui Oustim were the strongest demons remaining in the ancient forest. They also hold the title of Demon King General. Erian gathered them to discuss future plans.

"Your Highness... aren't you in a bit of a hurry? Our troops are currently in the weakest position in history."

"Ziral was right... plus the number of human troops was definitely much larger than the current demon race army. Moreover, they now have the newest magic golem which is said to be able to kill greater demons."

Ziral and Romax are seen opposing Erian's idea of taking over the demon race's old territory. They were worried because humans were far superior in terms of technology and number of troops.

"hmmm... looks like you guys misunderstood my plan."

"...!?"

The six generals were shocked and confused when they heard Erian's words. Erian sighed because he saw his generals being so stupid.

"I do intend to take back the land that the human race has seized. But that doesn't mean attacking frontally in a big war or something like that."
"Then in what way?"

"First we will do the illegal business of raising the demon race army secretly. Even though the humans were aware of my resurrection, they wouldn't dare attack without a hero, right?"

Ziral, who had doubted Erian's plan, fell silent again. Heroes are an important element in the human race. They must summon heroes from another world to win the war against the demon king. That is what history teaches the entire human race. No matter how advanced technology or the strongest weapons, they cannot kill a demon king. Even previous heroes had to sacrifice their lives to seal the Demon King.

"you are right... humans will never move until they have a hero by their side. But what kind of business can we do to make a profit from humans?"

"Throughout the fight I saw something quite useful in this ancient forest."

Erian also placed a white flower on the meeting table. Everyone stared at the flower. They also realized something about the white flower.

"Antarose flower... this flower often attracts human attention because it is useful for making various kinds of medicines."

Romax immediately realized how important the flowers Erian brought were. From the start, Romax had quite extensive knowledge. Before he became the General of the Demon King, he often traveled to various places.

"Looks like you have quite the experience old man... you are different from other generals."

"Of course, Your Majesty... I was once a traveler. I became a General when I was tired of dealing with the human race."

"I see... basically I want to make some medicines using this plant. We will also find out how to cultivate it."

"Then we just need to plant them around the treants' houses. There all the plants grow well, any type of plant will definitely grow thickly. Humans also use young Treants to fertilize their farms."

"Treant... fertilize farm... selling drugs... rebuild army... money, construction, and war..."

After a moment of thought, Erian tried to link all sources of information into a conclusion. Finally, he thought of the most efficient plan for his current condition.

"Everyone listen to this... I will give you the details of the grand plan for the revival of the demon race...!"

Erian began to outline his plans for the demon race's short-term and long-term recovery. All the generals who listened to Erian's instructions looked very serious. The meeting ended with the conclusion made by Erian. He will take back the land belonging to the Demon race within two years. All the Generals had agreed to Erian's plan because everything sounded reasonable.

In the Bastian Kingdom, specifically in Arubas City. A young D-rank adventurer had just arrived with his companion. The young adventurer was Firhan Estiva, a swordsman. The beautiful woman stood beside him with a calm face. She is Zila Aururos, a 3rd class wizard with fiery red hair. The two of them are on a dangerous mission to raise the adventurer's rank.

"So this is called Arubas City... the richest city in the desert area."

"Don't get too excited... this city was once the capital of the demon race's empire. It is said that there are still many demons hiding in this place... plus one of them is our target."

"I know... our mission is to cut off this city's connection with the demons in the ancient forest."

"That's right... We just need to kill their middlemen who are always hiding in the black market. Then both of us will be officially appointed as C rank adventurers."

"The opponent is a greater demon... it will be difficult if the two of us fight him head-on."

"That's why we will meet another adventurer who also wants to raise his rank. It is said that he is waiting in this city..."

"Then what are you waiting for... Let's meet that person...!"

They entered a bar and met a burly man. He carried a large axe on his back and a small shield in his left hand. The bald man with brown skin is Ganbor Kutiam. A trained soldier who became an adventurer recently. He is a rank D adventurer, just like Zila and Firhan.

"Nice to meet you... I'm Firhan and this is Zila. The guild must have told you about us, right...?"

"Yeah... You will be my partners in this ranking increase mission. I hope we can work together well... but before carrying out the mission... I want to see your fighting abilities."

"That's fine... is there a dungeon or monster habitat around this town...?"

Firhan asked while stirring his drink that had just arrived. On the other hand, Zila looks very relaxed eating her lunch.

"There is a small dungeon near this town... it is said that the dungeon has become a den of bandits. They are a bandit group active in the black market."

"It's the perfect place to show off what we're capable of... then tonight we'll attack straight away."

"Deal..."

Firhan, Zila, and Ganbor started to get busy discussing the attack on the bandit nest. Elsewhere, the figure of a thin man who looked like an ordinary citizen walked into a dark alley. The thin man entered a secret passage guarded by a beggar.

Behind the secret door, there is a very spacious underground room. The room was filled with illegal traders and their buyers. The thin man entered a special tent made for his meeting with someone.

Two muscular men heavily guarded the tent. When he entered the tent, the thin man transformed into a young demon with black wings. He is an elder demon who controls the underworld of Arubas City.

"Sector 01 black market... what a striking place for a Demon Lord to come. My name is Ruzuan Kasmos... Leader of Black Gang in the black market."

The demon knelt before the figure who was recognized as the Demon King. Erian smiled with satisfaction when he saw that a demon respected him in the first meeting.

"What a beautiful meeting... all this may be part of the destiny that the world has designed for all of us. So... let's immediately discuss business."

"That's what I've been waiting for your majesty... it seems like we'll be a good match for each other in this business."

The tent room was filled with the sound of evil laughter from Erian and Ruzuan.

To be continue~

Note: If you like my story and want to support me, you can give me a donation at https://sociabuzz.com/kscontent
Thanks ^^