20, a schemer's great plan

❝pretty boy, you did this with me, boynow it's all about to endbaby girl, look where we made it, girlhmm, now we're falling❞

now it's all about to end
baby girl, look where we made it, girl
hmm, now we're falling❞

-pretty boy, the neighbourhood

chapter twenty, A SCHEMER'S GREAT PLAN

Talia Anderson moved with purpose, the kook teenager was determined to stop at nothing to escape her current situation. Even while clueless about boats, the girl prodded and hit different buttons on the control panel.

    John B moved back to the doorway, annoyed but slightly amused as he watched the girl accomplish absolutely nothing. "how do you work this thing?" She turned with her hands thrown up, glaring at the boy. His face returned to stone, and he rolled his eyes at the girl.

    "Don't just stand there, do something," She demanded, trying to force the boy to cooperate and attempt to get themselves out of the middle of the marsh.

    "They clearly took something from the boat, you know that, right?" He raised a brow, and she tipped her head back.

    "go get help then." Talia moved her arm and directed him out of the cabin. He laughed at the gesture and scoffed after a moment.

    "wow, you really are a kook." It was as if the boy was reminded of her origins, and she rolled her eyes.

    "you're telling me you'd rather stay here, on this boat, in the middle of the fucking water?"

    "why don't you go get help?"

    "if you haven't noticed, I'm not exactly capable of swimming at the moment." She held her casted wrist up, ignoring the pain that shot up her side at the sudden movement. "you owe me, go"

    "I'm not swimming back to land, you're delusional"

    "yeah, and you're a fucking asshole" Talia pushed her way past the boy and walked onto the deck of the boat. The sun was beaming down and warming the surface, the girl could practically feel it through her shoes.

    "I should have never gotten back into the stupid fucking boat with Pope," She cursed to herself as she replayed all the suspicious moments from the early afternoon.

    "What are you talking about?" John B's attention stayed on the girl as he turned to follow her.

    "huh?" She looked over her shoulder at him.

    "what do you mean back in the boat, you've never been in my boat," He stated, and the girl shook her head, confused.

    "What are you rambling about?" She was fully facing the boy now, and her level of annoyance was rising.