Breakout

After Dave had come back to the Foo Fighters, Dave and Taylor had been asked to be in an interview while touring Europe in December 2002. Abi had begged Dave and Taylor to let her come along just this once, and they had agreed but only if she got every piece of her work done. So that night before the interview was scheduled, she finished everything, with some help from Chris. Chris and Abi had a secret, when she wanted something but had to finish schoolwork, he would help her and sometimes give her the answers. 

The next morning before the interview, Taylor checks over Abi's work, "You got everything done? Good job B, you can come." Abi jumps into his arms, "THANK YOU TAYLOR!" Abi runs over to Chris to tell him the good news, "Chris! We did it!" he lifts her into a hug, and she hands him the paper, "Nice job kiddo!"

For most of the interview, Abi goes unseen, sitting between 2 of her favorite people in the world. "So, boys, we have a new kid with us." The interviewer begins looking at Abi who is smiling, "What's your name?" Abi looks up to Taylor and receives a nod, "I'm Abi!" She says, "What's your relation to these two handsome guys?" Abi's nose scrunches at the way she had called the two handsome. She may be young, but she knows how good-looking people think the band is, especially Taylor and Dave. The boys shift in their seats a little, they were expecting the question and talked last night about how to handle it. "Taylor is my dad," Abi says confused about the whole thing, feeling the uneasiness from the guys. The interviewer looks at Taylor, her eyes wide and mouth hanging open. Taylor and Dave freak out a tad before responding. "I am her guardian, I grew up looking after her and her mother passed away, so I took her in," Taylor spits out before anyone gets any idea that he knocked someone up. The interviewer falls back in her seat, slightly upset she's not getting a kid scandal from either of the guys. "So, Abi, if Taylor is your 'dad', then who is your 'mother'?" Abi giggles, already knowing the answer. She looks up to Taylor with a cheeky grin before turning to Dave, "Dave Grohl of course! Who else?" Everyone in the room starts chuckling at this and Dave takes the opportunity of a lifetime to annoy Taylor. He leans his head onto Abi and says, "You couldn't tell? She has my luscious brown hair!" Taylor lets out a small laugh as he places his head in his hands and shakes it, "You two will be the death of me."