2.

Karen stood where her sister Jacky lived in the middle of the night and she knocked on the door.

"Karen? " Her brother in law asked opening the door.

"Hey Glynn. " Karen said softly.

"Come in... what are you doing here in the middle of the night?" Glynn asked her as she walked inside.

"I uh... can I stay here with you guys for a while? I don't want to go back home. " Karen said

"Does your mom and dad know you're here?" Glynn asked and Karen shook her head no.

"Let me go get Jacky. " Glynn said then he went to fetch his wife, and his little brother who lived with them came down.

Karen didn't really like Glynn's brother that much , she found him eerie and uncanny but she couldn't even judge him because of that since he's never done anything to her.

"Karen? What are you doing here?" Glynn's brother George asked

"Uhm... I needed a place to crash for the night. " Karen said and George looked at her.

"You in trouble?" George asked and Karen shook her head no.

Finally both Jacky and Glynn came in the room also.

"What happened to you?" Jacky asked Karen holding a blanket and covering her up.

"Karen did you walk here in the middle of the night , are you crazy?" Jacky asked.

"I needed to get out of there Jacky... can I please stay with you guys until school is over? I promise I'll help around, I'll find a job and I'll help pay-" Karen started rambling but she was cut off.

"Karen shut up... what are you talking about? What happened?" Jacky asked.

"Dad arranged a marriage for me... if I stayed there then I'm gonna have to get married to someone I don't know or love. " Karen said crying.

"What?" Jacky exclaimed

"That's crazy " George commented

"Let me call your mom and tell her you're here...she must be worried sick. " Glynn said.

"I don't think she cares... if she did she wouldn't allow this to happen. " Karen said

"Go ahead and call her Glynn. " Jacky said and she sat next to Karen.

"Please Jacky, I promise you won't even know I'm here... I'll make myself scarce. " Karen cried and her sister hugged her.

"I would love to have you here Karen but we're going to have to ask Glynn and George, or their parents since they were the one's helping us with the house. " Jacky said. Their parents got the brothers this house to help them get on their feet and Glynn just so happened to meet Jacky early and wanted to marry her but they were both working on getting a house of their own.

"I don't mind her being around." George said and Glynn was still on the line.

"Thanks George. " Jacky said to her brother in law and they waited for husband to be done on the call.

"Your mom says she's glad that you're safe and that you should stay here." Glynn said and Karen inwardly rolled her eyes.

"I wonder what happened." Jacky said , thinking about what came over her dad deciding to arrange a marriage for his youngest daughter.

"She said she'll send your sisters over tomorrow so they can bring you your clothes. " Glynn said and Karen nodded at him.

"You can stay here as long as you want Karen... you're family. " Glynn said walking over her and laid a comforting hand on her shoulder.