24.

"Drew we have to talk." Karen said, Drew had just gotten back from work.

"Karen, I just got back here." Drew said, he was tired of arguing with Karen, they would argue about their situation whether they should get back together and Karen was too scared to let him back in.

He was tired of her denying her emotions towards him and everytime they would start talking it turned into a fight.

"It's not about us." Karen said to him

"Even worse." Drew said as he sat down.

"Where are the girls? " Drew asked her, he hasn't seen them since the morning and he came back later than usual.

Karen got up and sat next to Drew, she scooted closer to him.

"they're sleeping, can I ask you something?" Karen said.

"As long as it's not going to turn into us arguing." Drew said and he took of his jacket.

"Will you be called again to serve?" Karen asked, Drew looked into her eyes not expecting her question and he could see in her eyes that she wanted to be relieved from her worry.

"No... why do you ask?" Drew asked her.

"I just... I'm just scared Drew, I don't want you leaving Kia and Kierra." Karen said and she looked down as her face filled with sadness.

"Are they the only reason why you don't want me to leave?" Drew asked her and Karen didn't answer. "I'm not going anywhere Karen, my life, my purpose is here... with you guys." Drew told her.

"Dorinda once said when you go into the army they call you back and forth for 6 years and you have no choice but to accept." Karen said to him, she had been wanting to talk to him since but Drew didn't like talking about the army.

"Oh..." Drew said smiling, "well... it depends, depends on the contact one took. Some contracts can be 4 years, some can be 6 or more." Drew said.

"What was yours? You never say anything about that world." Karen said looking into his eyes.

"Mine was a 2 year contract, I chose the lowest because I didn't want to serve anymore but I had to... granted I didn't complete because I got discharged but they're not going to force me to serve again." Drew explained.

"They can't?" Karen asked him softly and Drew shook his head.

"What made you get yourself shot Drew?" Karen asked, maybe this time he will tell her something even if she didn't want to push him.

"7 months in I saw a man's wife get shot in front of his eyes, his children were just taken from the two and he was left with his wife but then he was taken from him also... right in front of his eyes. I saw that man break down, he lost everything right in that moment and all I wanted to do was to be home and hold you. I am not that kind of man who pulls the trigger, I am not brave enough for that and I just wanted to come back home everyday after work to hug my wife." Drew said and Karen stared at him with love in her eyes.

"I'm sorry you had to go through that Drew." Karen said slightly touching his face.

"I shouldn't have signed up for it in the first place, my father shouldn't have been the first person I told... I thought he would have my best interest at heart." Drew said and Karen hugged him.

"Drew... " Karen slowly said as she got the scent closer.

"Why do you smell like women's perfume?" Karen asked and she got away from him.

"Karen... I can explain" Drew said trying to hold her hands.

"Uh no... it's fine Drew, it's not my business." Karen said and she got up, she felt her heart drop for a minute. She didn't think that Drew would move on especially with the sweet nothings he's been telling her.