19.

Drew waited with Karen in the waiting area holding a sleeping Kiahna as the doctors tried to figure out what was going on with Kierra, it's been a few hours since they were there.

"Shit... I have to- I have to call mama Sheard." Karen said and Drew looked at her...

He's been trying to talk to her since they were waiting and she didn't say anything but now she mentions his mom.

"Why?" Drew asked her.

"What do you mean why?" Karen asked him offended in a way.

"Why you want to call my mama?" Drew asked her and Karen was irritated

"Cause she's the father of these damn kids... your mama knocked me up idiot." Karen said and she got up with Kiahna to look for a phone.

Drew was left sitting there feeling terrible, he didn't think the children would be his... not after he saw her with Derell earlier so he just thought that they were his.

Karen came back with tears in her eyes and a baby in her arms and she sat down leaving two chairs between her and Drew and Drew sighed... he really hurt this woman.

"Karen." Drew said and he sat closer to her.

"Not now John... please, please not now." Karen cried.

"I just want my baby to be okay... I need her to be okay." Karen cried and she held Kiahna tighter.

"I want my mom." Karen cried , her mom was her greatest support when Khamani died, she was with Karen all the time there to comfort her and hold her.

"Should I go get her for you?" Drew asked and Karen shook her head no.

"She's gonna come with mama Sheard, I asked her to fetch her." Karen said.

Drew was confused, his mom sent him letters back explaining Karen didn't want to talk to him. So finding out that Karen didn't get the letters but they were close really confused Drew... he kept in touch with his mom so why would she lie about him.

"What's her name?" Drew asked holding Kiahna's hand they were waiting in silence for a little while.

"Kiahna Mattie." Karen said swallowing hard.

"Kiahna Mattie Sheard." Karen said and tears fell from Drew's eyes.

"I'm so sorry Karen." Drew cried.

"If I knew... if I- I'm so sorry baby." Drew said and Karen kept quiet.

"What's her name?" Drew asked her.

"Kierra Valencia Sheard." Karen said and Drew cried some more.

"You named her Kierra." Drew said smiling and Karen kept quiet.

"She's the oldest" Karen said.

"Can I hold her?" Drew asked Karen and Karen thought about it for a moment then gave Kiahna to Drew.

"Hope she doesn't wake up yet... she doesn't like people." Karen said as Drew held her. He looked at Kiahna as she slept and more tears fell from his eyes as he couldn't contain them.

"Karen!" Mattie yelled as she entered.

"Mommy " Karen said and she got up to hug her mother.

"I can't lose her mom... I can't lose my baby." Karen cried in her mother's arms and Mattie's heart broke... her little girl has been through a lot already.

"You're not going to lose her baby... where's Kiahna?" Mattie asked and Karen moved and pointed at Drew who stood there.

"Drew?" Willie asked seeing her son holding her granddaughter.