1

I walked through the plane, searching for my seat. I was already a bit annoyed; my seat reservation hadn't gone through, sticking me with a middle seat. When I reached my row, an old lady occupied the window seat, and the aisle seat was still empty. I smiled at her and sat down. Just as I got comfortable and put my earphones on, a guy approached. He wasn't too tall, but definitely taller than me, and his tight black shirt highlighted his impressive muscles. His biceps were probably as big as my head. Lord have mercy if he sits next to me.

"Hi, I think I'm sitting next to you," he said, grinning.

I gulped. "Oh - yeah, that's fine - I mean, even if it weren't fine, I can't do anything - Uhm - not that it's not fine! It's totally fine! Sit down," I stuttered. Gosh, why did I have to be so embarrassing? He chuckled, placed his things in the overhead compartment, and sat down. I felt myself blushing hard.

"What's your name?" he asked, taking out his headphones.

"Oh - my name? Uhm, I'm Asami," I stammered, staring at his chest, which looked too good in that shirt. Why was a stranger making me so nervous? He was definitely very handsome, but still a stranger!

"Nice to meet you, Asami," he said, pulling out a laptop. I looked at him, confused.

"Won't you tell me your name?" I asked.

"Oh! I'm sorry," he quickly said, looking shyly at me. "I'm Changbin."

"Nice to meet you, Changbin," I smiled. He turned on his laptop and put in his headphones, smiling at me one last time. I sighed and put on my headphones again. At least I had a nice-looking guy next to me and not some weird old man. I turned on my music and closed my eyes, slowly falling asleep without noticing my head drifting to the side.

***

"Maybe some water for your girlfriend, sir?" I heard a voice say.

"That would be nice. I'll give it to her when she wakes up. Thank you," a male voice answered.

I opened my eyes, confused. I remembered boarding the plane, but not taking off, and certainly not falling asleep on the guy's shoulder next to me. I quickly sat up, causing him to glance at me.

"Rise and shine," he said, grinning.

I felt my face turn red. "I'm sorry... I didn't mean to—"

He interrupted me with a laugh. "It's fine. It was actually kind of cute."

"Why didn't you correct the flight attendant?" I asked, taking the water bottle he held out to me.

"It seemed too complicated to explain that some random girl was sleeping on my shoulder, so I just went along with it," he laughed, closing his laptop.

I nodded. "Makes sense," I mumbled.

"So why are you flying to New York?" he asked, turning slightly towards me.

"Oh, just making a trip," I said.

"Alone?" he asked, surprised.

"Yeah, none of my friends wanted to come, but I really want to see New York, so I'm just going by myself," I explained.

"But that's so dangerous!" he said.

I smiled. "I do it often. It's fine; I know how to take care of myself. How about you?"

"Two of my friends are already there. We're working on a project and got some help in New York," he explained.

"That sounds nice. What kind of project?" I asked.

"Oh, we're writing a song. Wanna listen to some?" he asked, opening his laptop again.

"Yeah, sure," I smiled, taking the headphones he handed me.

"I'm technically not allowed to show anyone, so... don't tell anyone," he said, pressing play.

I nodded my head as I listened. "That's actually really good," I smiled, handing him back the headphones. "You seem really talented."

***

We got off the plane and walked over to get our luggage. "Which hotel are you staying at?" Changbin asked, lifting my suitcase from the conveyor belt.

"Thanks," I said, smiling at him. "I'm staying at the Plaza."

"No way, me too!" he said happily. "Wanna share a taxi?"

I smiled. "Sure," I replied, watching him as he got his own suitcase. I couldn't help but stare at his arms, the muscles flexing as he lifted his suitcase. I bit my lower lip. Gosh, why does he have to look so good?