9

A week later, Changbin called me again. "Hey, should we meet up at the café?"

"Sure, that sounds great. I'll be there," I said, excitement bubbling inside me.

"Or should I pick you up?" he asked, a hint of worry in his voice.

I giggled. "I'll manage, don't worry."

"Okay, but if anything comes up, call me, and I'll come get you," he insisted.

"I promise," I said, feeling my cheeks heat up. Even over the phone, he made me blush.

An hour later, I was on my way to the café. I left the house a little early, unable to sit still any longer. As a result, I arrived about ten minutes before our arranged time. I found a table in the back and settled in to wait.

"Asami!" a voice called out, breaking my reverie. I turned around and groaned inwardly. It was Won.

"I told you to leave me alone," I said, rolling my eyes.

"Please, just listen to me," he pleaded, his tone desperate.

"Won, there's nothing to listen to. You cheated on me," I replied firmly.

"So you're going to throw away everything we had?" he asked, a hint of accusation in his voice.

"Everything we had?" I repeated, starting to laugh. "Boy, we weren't even together for a month. And in that month, you were nice to me, what, twice?"

"That's not true," he protested weakly.

"Won, I said leave me alone. It's over. I broke up with you," I reiterated.

Just then, Changbin appeared behind him. "I thought she already told you to leave her alone," he said as he reached us, his tone cool but firm.

"Is it because of him?" Won spat, glaring at Changbin.

"No, it's because you cheated on me! Now just go!" I said, rolling my eyes.

"Do I need to remind you of the last time?" Changbin warned, stepping closer to Won. "Because this time I'll punch your face, not your gut."

Won looked at him, clearly intimidated despite being taller. "You found yourself a nice guy, huh?" he spat at me before turning on his heel and leaving.

Changbin let himself fall into the chair opposite me. "Thanks," I mumbled.

"I said you should call if something happens!" he chided gently.

"He was here for two minutes before you came in. When should I have called?" I replied, amused.

Changbin shrugged. "He's such a jerk," he muttered. "Anyway, I have to go to the studio later. Thought maybe you'd like to join?"

I smiled. "I'd love to."

***

Changbin led me through the studio door. "Chan isn't here yet," he said, holding the door open for me. I walked in, looking around curiously.

"So you're just helping him today?" I asked, glancing around the room. There was a couch in the back and a big booth with a microphone on the other side.

"Yes. We're recording Felix and Seungmin today. Tomorrow, Han will help Chan with mine and Hyunjin's parts," Changbin explained, letting himself fall onto the couch. I sat next to him.

"So... can I come with you again tomorrow? I want to hear you sing," I asked.

Changbin laughed. "But I'm rapping," he replied.

"I don't care. I just want to watch you," I pouted.

Changbin's ears turned red, but he nodded. "Sure. You can come by whenever you want," he said.

I smiled and continued to look around. In front of the booth was a table with a few chairs, and there were instruments standing around in the corner of the room.

"Do you play any?" Changbin asked, following my gaze.

I looked at him, surprised. "Oh no... I always wanted to learn to play the guitar, but my parents couldn't afford lessons, so I never did," I shrugged

"I can teach you," he suggested, standing up and grabbing a guitar before coming back to me.

I smiled a little. "You don't have to," I giggled, but he already pressed the guitar into my hands. I placed it on my lap.

"Hold it like this," Changbin said, showing me how to position my hands. He sat back down beside me. I looked at his hands, furrowing my brows as I tried to mimic his position, not quite managing to get my fingers right. He chuckled.

"No, not like this..." he said, sliding closer to me so our thighs were touching, gently taking my hand and placing it correctly. I bit my lip as his scent filled the air. How could a person smell so good? I looked up from my hand and glanced at him. He was focused on my hands, not noticing our close proximity.

He took my other hand and placed it on the strings. "And you play with this hand," he explained, stopping as soon as he looked up. Our faces were inches apart. My hands started shaking; I couldn't play the guitar like this for sure.

"You look very beautiful," Changbin whispered. I felt myself blush.

"I- uhm- thank you," I mumbled. I couldn't stop myself. I glanced at his lips, those soft, red lips, and I wondered what they would feel like on mine. Changbin leaned in. I could feel his breath on my skin. His eyes wandered to my lips, and just as there was only a thin piece of paper's distance between us, the door to the studio swung open.

"Sorry we're late, we were getting coffee," Chan's voice said. Changbin and I shot apart, and I looked down, embarrassed. Two boys entered. I already knew Chan, and the second one was Felix. I recognized him from the videos I watched and from all the stories Changbin told me.

"It's fine," Changbin mumbled, sounding a little embarrassed himself. "I'll continue teaching you next time, Asami," he said, giving me a small smile. I sighed, letting Chan greet me with a hug and introduce Felix. I couldn't stop thinking about the fact that I had almost kissed Seo Changbin.