4

I woke up the next day with Changbin on my mind. It was almost scary how I couldn't get him out of my head. I quickly got ready and headed down for breakfast around the same time as yesterday, but when I arrived, I couldn't see him or his friends. My shoulders slumped in disappointment. He probably had a busy schedule and had breakfast earlier today, but still, I felt a bit sad. I sat at a small table by the window, eating my breakfast alone.

I wished I had his phone number so I could ask if he was free tonight. I wanted to ask him for it multiple times but held back, afraid of rejection. If he wanted my number, he would have asked, right? The thought made me anxious. I was flying back to Korea tomorrow, while he still had two more days in New York. The fact that he hadn't asked for my number yet seemed like a sign that we would lose contact as soon as I was back home. I tried to push those thoughts aside and decided to make the most of my day, continuing my sightseeing and shopping.

Later, as I returned to the hotel with bags in hand, someone tried to take them from me. "Hey, what are you—" I began, startled, but then I saw Changbin. My grip loosened immediately.

"Let me help you with these," he smiled, taking the bags from my hands. I rolled my eyes but couldn't hide my smile.

"Why do you always insist on carrying my stuff? I can manage," I said as we waited for the elevator.

"Why should you carry anything when I'm here? I'm stronger, so I should do it," he replied with a grin.

"You're unbelievable," I laughed as we got into the elevator.

"I see you went shopping," he noted, looking at the bags he was holding.

"I might have gotten a bit carried away," I admitted with a nervous laugh. "I'm not sure how I'll fit everything into my suitcase."

"Next time, we should go shopping together," he suggested.

"Sure," I mumbled as we reached my floor. He followed me to my room and placed the bags on the couch.

"Did you have dinner yet?" he asked.

"Not yet. I wanted to drop off these bags first," I said.

"Well, we're planning to go to a sushi place. Want to join us?" he asked, a hopeful look in his eyes.

"I'd love to," I replied, smiling.

"And maybe afterward, we could go to that rooftop bar around the corner?" he suggested shyly.

"I would love that," I said, feeling excitement bubbling up inside me.

"Great! Let's meet in the lobby in an hour, dress nicely," he said. I nodded, walking him to the door. As he walked away, I quickly started getting ready.

***

I decided to wear a short black dress I bought today, paired with black boots and a stylish jacket. When I arrived in the lobby, I saw Changbin and his friends already waiting. Changbin grinned and waved at me.

He let the boys walk ahead, staying back with me. "You look beautiful tonight," he said as we walked.

"Thank you," I mumbled, smiling. I felt myself blush and looked down at my feet so he wouldn't notice.

"Come on, lovebirds. I'm hungry and you're moving like turtles!" Chan called out, making Han laugh. I blushed, and Changbin protested, "We're not lovebirds!"

"Yeah, sure," Han muttered as we caught up to them.

Dinner was fantastic. We laughed and talked as if we had known each other forever. When we left the restaurant, Changbin and I lagged behind again. At a crossroad, Changbin stopped, causing me to stop as well.

"Are you two coming?" Chan asked, confused.

"Actually, we wanted to check out that rooftop bar," Changbin said, pointing at a nearby building.

"That sounds awesome! Can we join?" Han asked excitedly.

"Uhm—" Changbin began, but Chan interrupted.

"Han, I need to show you something back at the hotel," he said, grinning and wiggling his eyebrows at Changbin. Han glanced between us and started grinning too.

"I'm also kind of tired, so it's fine," Han said finally.

"See you later, guys. Have fun," Chan said as he and Han walked away, leaving me blushing and confused.

Changbin and I headed to the rooftop bar. As we stepped onto the terrace, the city lights spread out before us, creating a magical atmosphere. We found a quiet spot and ordered drinks, the conversation flowing easily as always.

"When does your flight take off tomorrow?" Changbin asked, looking into my eyes.

"At noon," I said a little sadly. "I'm heading to the airport right after breakfast."

He reached across the table, taking my hand in his. "Let's make the most of tonight, then."

We spent hours talking, laughing, and enjoying the view. As the night grew late, we decided to walk back to the hotel. The streets were quieter now, the city winding down. We strolled side by side, occasionally brushing against each other.

When we reached my room, we paused. "I had an incredible time tonight," I said softly.

"Me too," Changbin replied, stepping closer.

We stood there for a moment, the air between us charged with unspoken feelings. "Goodnight, Asami," he whispered.

"Goodnight, Changbin," I replied.

He turned away, walking back to the elevator. I gathered all my courage. I needed his phone number! "Hey, Changbin!" I called out loudly. He turned back around. "Yes?" he asked.

The door of the opposite room swung open and a man looked out. "Can you two be quiet? It's after midnight!" he scolded us. I looked at him, flustered. "Sorry," I mumbled, looking back at Changbin who still stood there.

The man slammed his door shut again. I lost all the courage I had just built up. "Sweet dreams," I said to Changbin, who started to smile. "Sweet dreams, Asami," he answered, continuing to walk away. I closed my door behind me, regretting that I didn't just ask him.