10

After we spent the day at the studio, Changbin and I decided to go for a walk. We strolled through the small park in front of my apartment building, and we were already on our fourth round, just talking. Changbin had grabbed my hand after a while, holding it tightly and keeping it warm. I smiled the whole time. I had never felt like this with anyone before. It was magical. Still, the thought that we almost kissed wouldn't leave my head. Did he like me like that? Or would that just ruin our friendship? Was I ready for something like this? I mean, I wasn't together with Won for long, but still, we separated not long ago. God, I was overthinking this a lot. Maybe it was just something that happened in that situation—it doesn't have to mean anything. Still, I was sure that I had a massive crush on Changbin.

"What are you thinking about?" he asked as we started our fifth round through the park.

I bit my lip. "About how you wanted to teach me to play the guitar... and what would have happened if Chan and Felix didn't barge in," I confessed.

Changbin stopped and turned me toward him. "Listen... if I crossed your boundaries, I'm really sorry," he said quietly.

I looked up at him. "You didn't," I mumbled, "I wanted that..."

He looked at me in disbelief. "You wanted to learn how to play the guitar, you mean?" he asked.

I shook my head. "I mean... yes, I want to learn how to play the guitar, but... Binnie... we almost kissed," I said quietly.

"I know," he whispered.

I shyly smiled up at him. His ears were so red. "Asami, listen," he started.

I took a step towards him. I didn't know why I was so bold suddenly, but I just liked him so much. Changbin's hands wandered to my hips, holding me while continuing to look at me.

"I'm listening," I mumbled.

Changbin took a deep breath. "I really like you... as in more than a friend," he mumbled.

I needed a moment to process his words and stared at him. "I mean... I understand if you don't. You broke up with Won not long ago... but I just needed to tell you that I like you like that. It's killing me to keep it to myself," he said, unsure.

I started smiling brighter. "I really like you too, Binnie. A lot," I mumbled.

Now he looked at me in disbelief. I giggled softly. "Yah!" he screamed in surprise and pulled me closer, hugging me tightly. I laughed and slung my arms around him as well as he lifted me off the ground, spinning me through the air.

"What are you doing?" I laughed.

He put me back on my feet. "I'm just so happy!" he laughed, not letting me go.

We stood there like this for an eternity. "So... can you kiss me now?" I asked, a little hopeful.

He started laughing again and looked down at me. "No," he said.

I looked at him, confused. The way he just pushed my ego down a cliff... "No?" I asked, unsure.

He giggled. "I want to make it right, in the perfect moment... like when I was teaching you to play the guitar. It was so romantic... but now it's the time for confessions, not kisses," he explained.

I sighed, relieved. "Since when are you such a hopeless romantic?" I asked. My heart was fluttering.

"I always was. You just didn't see it before," he said quietly.

I thought back to all the small dates we had and realized he was right. "So now I have to wait around for my kiss?" I asked, amused.

"Yes. And I want to take you out on a date... a real date," he said, "tomorrow night."

I smiled a little. "I'd love to go on a date with you," I whispered.

We continued walking again. Changbin was holding my hand even tighter now. We finished another round, and I wanted to walk out of the park, but Changbin pulled me back.

"Let's walk another round," he said.

I laughed. "We've walked around that way five times. Let's go," I said, shaking my head.

"But I don't want to leave you yet," he mumbled.

I giggled. "You can come up if you want to," I answered.

He grinned. "Okay, let's go," he replied, pulling me to my door.

We made our way up to my apartment, and as soon as we stepped inside, I felt a warm sense of comfort and familiarity.

"Make yourself comfortable," I said, gesturing to the couch. "You want some tea?."

Changbin nodded and settled on the couch, looking perfectly at ease. I busied myself in the kitchen, my mind racing with thoughts of our newfound confessions. My heart was light, and I couldn't stop smiling.

I brought the tea to the living room and handed a cup to Changbin before sitting next to him. "So, what's on your mind?" I asked, taking a sip of my tea.

"Just thinking about how things have changed," he said, his gaze softening as he looked at me. "In a good way."

I nodded, feeling the same. "It feels right, doesn't it?"

"It does," he agreed, his hand finding mine again. "I just can't believe how lucky I am to have you in my life."

We spent the rest of the evening talking and laughing, the connection between us growing stronger with each passing moment. When it was time for Changbin to leave, I walked him to the door, feeling a mix of excitement and anticipation for our date the next night.

"Don't forget to text me when you get home," I reminded him.

"I will, I promise," he said, smiling down at me. "Goodnight, Asami."

"Goodnight, Binnie," I replied, watching him walk away. As I closed the door, I couldn't help but feel that this was the beginning of something truly special.