17

Changbin parked the car in one swift motion. "Okay, tell me. What's wrong?" he asked. He hadn't left me alone about it since we left the restaurant.

I groaned. "It's nothing. I told you," I lied, crossing my arms in front of my chest and turning away from him.

"Nothing? Then tell me why you didn't dance and sing along when I turned on Up All Night. It's your favorite song!" he said. I felt my eyes sting.

"God, Changbin. Just leave me alone already!" I snapped, instantly regretting my words.

He was silent for a minute. "I just want you to be happy... You don't have to tell me. But I want you to know that I'm here if you need me," he said, ignoring my outburst.

I sniffled, unable to hold back tears any longer. "Hey," he murmured, slinging his arm around me and pulling me into his chest as best as he could in the car. I buried my face in his shoulder.

"I'm sorry. I don't want to be annoying," I sobbed.

"Annoying? You're not annoying! Why would you think that?" he asked, gently rubbing my back.

I pulled away, looking down at my fingers. "It's so embarrassing," I whispered.

"It's not. Tell me what's bothering you. Do I need to punch someone? Did I do something wrong?" he asked, concerned, taking my hand in his and leaning towards me.

I took a shaky breath. "No... it's just... I saw you talk to all those girls today and... ugh, it's so dumb," I started.

Changbin looked at me in disbelief. "Are you jealous?" he asked carefully.

I looked everywhere but at him. "It's just they were all so pretty, and you were paying attention only to them, and it's hard not to feel insecure," I whispered.

He looked at me, surprised. My mouth worked on its own now. "And then one of them thought I was your staff, and you didn't even correct her... and earlier today, I read all those Instagram comments on your new post, and I can't help but wonder why you picked me when you can have anyone else."

He placed a hand under my chin, causing me to look at him. "Asami, baby," he whispered, "I'm sorry. I didn't know you felt that way."

"I didn't want you to know because it's stupid," I whispered back.

"If it upsets you, it isn't stupid," he said quietly. "Listen, I don't ever want you to feel insecure, love. I don't even remember how all those girls looked... they were just there. You are the most beautiful girl in the world, and I have only eyes for you," he whispered.

I sniffled, and he gently stroked away the tears on my cheeks. "I fell for you the moment you were drooling on my shoulder on the plane to New York, and no one could ever change that," he whispered.

"It just felt like I had to compete for your attention," I whispered, feeling more at ease now. It was easier to open up to him.

"Okay, from now on, you will always have my full attention," he whispered.

I shook my head. "No, I want you to talk to fans. It was just... this is all new to me," I mumbled. "Being with someone famous and being mistaken for staff."

"I will correct them. I don't know why I didn't back there. It just went through somehow... I didn't notice, and I'm sorry for that," he mumbled.

"No need to correct them anymore," I whispered, not really understanding what he meant.

He gently cupped my cheeks. "I love you, Asami. And no one on this or any other planet could ever change that," he whispered.

I looked at him with wide eyes. "You love me?" I asked, surprised.

He nodded slightly. "You have my heart," he whispered, taking my hand and placing it on his chest over his heart. It was beating so fast, but mine wasn't doing much better.

"I love you too," I whispered. "And I give you my heart in return." He smiled.

"And from now on, please tell me when something bothers you, okay? No matter how small it is," he whispered. I nodded slightly. He leaned in, placing a loving kiss on my lips that made the butterflies in my stomach so bad that I almost forgot how to function properly.

He pulled away after a while. "Should we go inside? I'll make you a hot chocolate. And we need to find the cutest picture of us two," he said.

I nodded slightly. "But why the picture?" I asked, confused as we got out of the car.

"I'm gonna post it on Instagram so no one ever thinks that you're staff again," he smiled.

I looked at him shocked at first but in the end, I couldn't help but smile.