11

The next day, I had planned to accompany Changbin to the studio again, but unfortunately, my boss called me into work. So, I found myself sitting at my desk, counting the hours until I could go home and get ready for my date that evening.

"What's up with you today?" my colleague, Aki, asked as she sat down at her desk next to mine. She was a bit older than me, but she always gave the best advice.

"I'm going on a date tonight," I said, nervously tapping my fingers on the desk.

"Uhhh," Aki said, grinning. "Is he nice?"

I started to smile. "He is... he's so thoughtful, and I honestly think he cares about me... not like Won, for example."

"I told you from the beginning to dump Won, but you wouldn't listen," Aki said, teasingly. "Now, tell me about him. What's his name?"

I told her all about Changbin, completely ignoring the work in front of me. I described how caring and genuine he was, and how he made me feel like the most special person in the world.

"Well, he sounds like a keeper," Aki said, grinning.

"I know, right? And I'm so nervous about today... do you think he'll kiss me?" I asked.

Aki laughed. "Well, I hope you tell me if he does," she answered.

I smiled a little. "I will."

***

As evening approached, I looked into the mirror one last time. I had already buzzed Changbin in and was waiting for him to come up the stairs. I decided to wear a long black dress and grabbed my coat since it was still cold outside. Changbin knocked on my door before coming in. He was also wearing all black, making us match again. I smiled as soon as I saw him.

He took my hand in his. "You look beautiful," he whispered, lifting his arm. "Can you do a spin for me?"

I giggled and spun under his arm. "You don't look so bad yourself," I answered, feeling myself blush. My heart was going crazy.

"But you're the prettiest. I've never seen a more beautiful girl," he complimented.

I shoved his shoulder and smiled shyly at my feet. "Stop it! You're making me blush," I mumbled.

He chuckled and pulled me close, hugging me tightly. "You're so cute," he whispered in my ear.

"You're making it worse!" I giggled and hid my face against his chest.

He laughed softly. "Okay, I'll stop with the compliments. But only because we have to leave, or we'll be late for our reservation," he said. He pulled away, and my hand slipped into his almost automatically.

I sighed. "Okay," I whispered as we left my apartment. I smiled the whole way, not getting over how special he could make me feel in just a few seconds.

"Where are we going?" I asked curiously.

Changbin grinned. "First, we're going to get dinner because you need to eat. The rest is a surprise," he said.

I raised an eyebrow. "A surprise?" I asked, amused.

"Yes. I planned something," he said, grinning.

"I hate surprises," I whined.

He laughed. "Well, I guess you'll have to be patient," he replied, gently squeezing my hand.

We arrived at a cozy little Japanese restaurant tucked away in a quiet part of the city. The ambiance was perfect, with soft lighting and a warm, intimate atmosphere. Changbin led me to a table in the back, where it felt like we had the whole room to ourselves.