7

I stood in front of Won's door, unable to summon the courage to ring the bell. But I had to end things with him. My feelings for him hadn't developed as I'd hoped. How could they, when he treated me so badly? I sighed and finally pressed the button. After waiting for a while with no response, I rang the bell again. Still nothing. I knew he was home—his car was parked out front, and it was his day off.

Frustrated, I sighed and decided to let myself in. I knew the code for the lock, after all. I punched in the numbers and entered. Won never bothered to take off his shoes inside, so I walked in, stopping abruptly as I heard a giggle—a female giggle. It was followed by Won's muffled voice and laughter. I stood in the hallway, straining to hear. Then, I heard muffled moans. My heart sank. He wouldn't... would he?

I slowly walked towards his bedroom, pressing my ear against the door. The sounds were unmistakable. Steeling myself, I opened the door to find him leaning over another girl, who was clad only in her underwear. Won was already shirtless as well.

"You can't be serious," I said, my voice trembling. The girl screamed and covered herself with a blanket. Won turned around, shocked.

"Asami? What are you— I can explain!" he stammered.

I shook my head and started to walk away. He ran after me. "Asami, wait!" he said, grabbing my wrist. I pulled away.

"You're an asshole, you know that, right?" I said, turning to face him. Tears burned in my eyes. Even though I didn't have strong feelings for him, being betrayed still hurt.

"I can explain!" he insisted.

"How will you explain this, huh?" I yelled.

"I just... you said you wanted to wait, so I thought I could—" he started, but I cut him off.

"You thought because I wasn't jumping into bed with you after not even a month, you could sleep around?" I asked, genuinely shocked.

"Yeah, what's wrong with that?" he asked.

I started to laugh, incredulous. "You're unbelievable!" I yelled, tears streaming down my face.

"What? Why?" he asked, confused.

"You know what? You're hopeless, Won. You never treated me right, not even once. I don't even know why I started dating you in the first place! It's over. Go back to your fling and leave me alone," I said, turning to leave for good.

"Asami!" he screamed after me, but I slammed the door. Tears streamed down my face. How could I have been so stupid? I wrapped my arms around myself and started to walk home slowly, feeling utterly alone. I took out my phone. Should I call him? I didn't want to bother him, but I needed someone, and I couldn't call any of my friends—they were all friends with Won. I pressed my lips together and dialed Changbin's number.

"Asami!" he answered happily.

I sniffled. "Can you come over?" I asked quietly.

"Are you crying?" Changbin asked, concern evident in his voice.

"He cheated on me, Changbin," I sobbed into the phone. He was silent for a moment.

"I'll be there in ten," he finally said and hung up.

***

Changbin and I arrived at my place at the same time. He didn't hesitate to pull me into his arms.

"I'm sorry for bothering you. I just didn't know who else to call," I mumbled.

He gently rubbed my back. "You're not bothering me. You can always come to me," he whispered. "Let's get you inside. I brought ice cream." Only now did I notice the bag in his hand. I sniffled, and we went inside, getting comfortable on the sofa, spooning ice cream together. I had stopped crying by now, leaning my head on his shoulder. He had his arm around me, holding me close.

"I actually went over to his place to break up with him," I whispered. "I shouldn't even be sad."

"Of course you're sad, Asami. He went behind your back," Changbin said quietly. I put another spoonful of ice cream in my mouth.

"I feel so dumb... I should've ended things with him before they started," I whispered. "He wasn't even nice. He never gave me one compliment and always made me walk home alone, even when he had his car. Because apparently, fuel is expensive," I mumbled.

"What a douchebag," Changbin said. "I can't understand him because you are clearly the prettiest girl on this earth. He should have done anything for you," Changbin mumbled.

I felt myself blush. "Stop it," I mumbled.

He gently pushed me away to look at me. "No seriously, Asami. You deserve someone who would do anything for you," he whispered.

I pressed my lips together. "Where do you find guys like this these days?" I asked.

Changbin smiled at me. "Sometimes they're closer than you think," he replied quietly, pulling me close again.

"I'm hungry," I mumbled.

"Should we order food?" Changbin suggested.

I nodded slightly. Good food was just what I needed right now.