5

I walked into my work building, grateful for the warm air as I took off my scarf and beanie. It had been three months since I returned from New York, and just as I expected, I hadn't seen or talked to Changbin since then. He still crossed my mind from time to time, especially now that his band had released a new song and was promoting it everywhere. I tried to get over the fact that I missed him terribly. My phone vibrated; it was a text from my new boyfriend, Won. "Wanna go out tonight?" he asked. I quickly replied with a thumbs-up emoji. We had been dating for about three weeks now. I hadn't been keen on it at first, but after he kissed me a second time, it felt too late to tell him I didn't feel the same. He was a nice guy, but every time he did something wrong, I found myself thinking that Changbin wouldn't have done it like that. I sighed and got to work.

That evening, there was a knock on my door. I wore the same dress I had on during my last night in New York, but added black tights and a thick coat because of the cold. I opened the door to see Won, his black hair falling into his face as he smiled at me. He was handsome, but not as handsome as Changbin. I quickly pushed that thought away. Won leaned down and pecked my lips, then looked me up and down. "What are you wearing?" he asked, confused.

"What do you mean?" I asked, glancing in the mirror by the door. I thought the outfit looked cute.

"It looks weird," he said. I pressed my lips together.

"Well, we don't have time for me to change, so let's just go," I said, walking past him and outside. I felt down now. Which guy says something like that to his girlfriend? My outfit looked perfectly fine. We went to a restaurant and had dinner in mostly silence. Won liked to eat quietly, and I didn't feel like sharing much. He'd probably just make stupid jokes again. When we finished, he stopped before we left.

"I need to use the restroom. Wait for me outside," he said, disappearing before I could respond. I sighed and walked outside. He had a weak stomach, especially with spicy food, but still ordered it extra spicy every time. I leaned against the wall, playing a game on my phone. This would take a while.

"Asami?" a voice suddenly asked. The blood in my veins froze. I knew that voice. I looked up and saw Changbin, holding takeout bags and wearing a thick coat.

"Changbin?" I asked, surprised, pushing myself off the wall to get closer to him. He smiled brightly.

"I'm so glad to see you! You look beautiful tonight! I was hoping to run into you sometime," he said. I gulped at his compliment. So I didn't look weird after all. Still, I felt a bit angry.

"Is this your thing? Just hoping to run into me randomly?" I asked. His face fell.

"I'm sorry, Asami. I should've asked for your phone number to stay in contact, but I chickened out," he mumbled. I pouted a little.

"I guess I was too shy to ask as well," I admitted. He smiled again.

"Maybe you could give it to me now and we can hang out sometime?" he asked hopefully. I glanced at the restaurant door. What would Won say if he saw me giving my number to another guy? But it was Changbin... and hanging out wasn't cheating, right?

"I would love to," I finally said. He handed me his phone, and I quickly typed in my number. He called my phone so I would have his number too.

"What have you been doing all this time?" Changbin asked, smiling brightly again.

"Oh, nothing much, I just—" I started, but was interrupted.

"Who is this, Asami?" Won asked as he came out, slinging his arm around my shoulders. I looked at Changbin. He looked Won up and down, and his smile disappeared.

"Oh, Won, this is Changbin. I met him in New York; he's a friend. Changbin, this is Won, my..." I hesitated, "boyfriend."

"Boyfriend?" Changbin whispered as if he didn't believe me.

"Yes, her boyfriend," Won said. "I'd appreciate it if you didn't bother her."

"Hey! He's not bothering me! He's a friend, really!" I said, annoyed, pushing away Won's arm.

"I don't like you having male friends," Won said, equally annoyed.

"It's okay, I was just leaving," Changbin mumbled.

"Wait!" I said, grabbing his wrist as he started to walk away. "We should still meet up sometime."

"Yeah, sure," Changbin mumbled, shaking off my hand and walking away, his head hanging low.

"Why did you have to be so rude?" I asked Won, annoyed.

He scoffed. "I'm sorry I'm not letting you talk to random guys."

"Whatever. I'm going home," I said, starting to walk away.

"Okay, see you tomorrow," Won said, heading in the opposite direction. I sighed. It was cold and dark, and he didn't even think to walk me home. Why was I with him again?