8

The doorbell rang about an hour later. "That must be our food. I'll get it," Changbin said, wiggling out from under the blanket we had wrapped around us. He had managed to cheer me up with some really bad aegyo, and we had ended up snuggled together on the couch. I heard him open the door.

"What are you doing here?" I heard Changbin say. Confused, I got up and walked into the hall.

"Oh, so you're upset that I invited another girl over, but you can fool around with him?" Won spat as soon as he saw me.

"Won, leave. We broke up. You have no business being here," I said, standing at the end of the hallway, glaring at him. Won tried to push past Changbin, but Changbin grabbed him by the shoulder and shoved him back.

"She told you to leave," Changbin said, his voice simmering with anger.

"Who are you to tell me what to do?" Won demanded, looking down at Changbin. Although Won was slightly taller, Changbin was clearly stronger.

"I'm not telling you anything. She is. She said you should leave, and if you don't, I'll make you," Changbin threatened.

Won clenched his fists and looked at me. "Just a friend, huh? He's pretty protective for being just a friend," he sneered.

Ignoring him, I said, "Come on, Changbin. Close the door. He's not worth it. I'll call the police and report him for stalking."

Changbin's shoulders were tense, but after a moment, he relaxed slightly. He started to close the door, but Won had other plans. "I'm not a stalker!" he yelled, swinging his fist at Changbin. Changbin reacted quickly, ducking and then landing a punch in Won's stomach. Won doubled over, clutching his stomach.

"You'll regret this," he gasped, struggling for breath.

"There's more where that came from, so you should leave," Changbin said, glaring down at Won. "And next time, treat your girlfriend with respect."

Changbin slammed the door in his face. "Thanks," I mumbled, my hands shaking with anger. Changbin came over and pulled me into a hug.

"It's fine. Good thing I'm here to protect you from him," he murmured.

I giggled. "I could have handled him on my own," I said quietly.

"Yeah, you could've, but you shouldn't have to deal with stuff like that. I wonder what guys like him would do if someone treated their mother that way," Changbin said. There was another knock on the door. He sighed and walked towards it. "I swear to God, if it's him again, I'm gonna punch the living shi—" Changbin stopped mid-sentence when he opened the door. It was our food.

***

We ate our pizza on the living room floor, the boxes spread out on the carpet. "You really cheered me up today," I mumbled, leaning my head against his shoulder again.

"I will always cheer you up," he said, gently taking my hand in his. I sighed.

"I'm glad we found each other again," I said quietly.

He chuckled. "Me too," he whispered, leaning his head onto mine. I closed my eyes.

"Are you tired?" he asked, gently rubbing his thumb over the back of my hand.

"A little bit," I admitted. "It's been a crazy day."

"Should I leave?" he asked.

I opened my eyes and looked up at him. "I don't really want you to leave, but it's late, and you probably have to work tomorrow," I said. "You should get some rest too."

Changbin pouted. "Fine... but maybe we could see each other again tomorrow?" he asked hopefully.

I started to smile. "I would love that," I said. I walked him to the door, watching as he put on his shoes. "Text me when you get home," I mumbled.

He nodded. "I will, I promise," he said. I stood on my tiptoes and placed a sweet kiss on his cheek, making him smile widely.

"See you tomorrow, Changbin," I said quietly.

He nodded. "See you tomorrow," he echoed, then left.