12

Changbin brought me home when it was already late. He pulled me closer as we stood in front of my door, his warmth seeping into me. I slung my arms around his neck and whispered, "How will you get home now? It's the middle of the night."

"I'll take a taxi. It's fine," he replied softly.

I bit my lip, hesitating before saying, "You know... I really don't want you to leave. You could stay over."

His smile broadened, and he leaned down to press a sweet kiss to my lips. "I would love to," he murmured. I giggled, unable to resist the pull of his kisses. The whole way home, we had to stop just so he could kiss me occasionally.

"Come on," I mumbled, pulling away from him reluctantly and tugging him inside with me. We quickly got ready for bed and finally lay down.

"Is it fine like this?" Changbin asked after a while. We were lying a few inches apart, only our legs touching.

"Can you cuddle me?" I asked quietly. I was lying with my back towards him, and I heard him shuffle closer. His strong arms wrapped around my waist, pulling me snugly against his chest. I sighed at the safe, warm feeling he gave me and tangled my legs with his, placing my hands on his and closing my eyes.

"I never want you to leave me again," I mumbled.

He burrowed his face into my neck, his breath gently tickling my skin. "Me neither," he whispered. "I will be here when you wake up."

I smiled, feeling content. "I could get used to this," I whispered, already feeling drowsy from the warmth and security he provided. As he began to sing a soft melody, my eyes grew heavier and heavier until I was fast asleep.

***

I woke up the next day, still nestled in his arms but now facing him. I smiled and burrowed my face into his chest, relieved to realize it wasn't a dream. I lay there for a moment before lifting my head to look at his sleeping face. He looked so peaceful and beautiful. Gently, I lifted my hand and stroked his soft cheek, marveling at how lucky I was.

Unable to resist, I leaned up and pressed my lips to his softly. I must have woken him, because his grip around my waist tightened and he kissed me back just as gently. The kiss was as soft as clouds, and I couldn't pull away. His hand stroked my side tenderly, making the moment last forever. Eventually, he pulled away only to plant kisses all over my face. I giggled.

"Stop! It tickles," I laughed.

He smiled and burrowed his face into the crook of my neck. "I could get used to waking up like this," he mumbled.

"I'm sorry... I didn't mean to wake you. I just couldn't resist," I whispered.

"I'm not mad... it was beautiful," he murmured, shuffling around and finally resting his head on my chest. I gently brushed my fingers through his hair.

Changbin groaned as his phone buzzed on the bedside table. I giggled and, because he seemed so comfortable, I grabbed it for him. "Chan is calling," I said, looking at the screen.

"Can you take it and put him on speaker?" he asked, not lifting his head. I giggled and did as he said.

"Yah?" Changbin said as I held the phone closer to him.

"You're not home," Chan said. I gently scratched Changbin's head, making him cuddle more into my chest.

"I'm at Asami's," he answered.

"So I guess the date went well?" Chan asked, amused.

"Don't say or do anything embarrassing because you're on speaker," Changbin just replied.

Chan laughed. "Are you guys coming to the studio together today? We will all be there."

"I'll ask her if she wants to join," Changbin answered.

"Okay. See you later," Chan said before hanging up.

"I would love to join you today," I mumbled. "I just don't want to leave your side anymore."

He lifted his head and smiled at me. "You can stay with me forever if you want."

My heart swelled at his words. "I think I just might," I whispered back, feeling happier than I ever had.

Changbin tightened his arms around me, his voice a soft murmur in my ear. "We should get up if we want to go to the studio."

I pouted, snuggling closer to him. "But I don't want to," I protested.

He chuckled, the sound vibrating through me. "How about a deal? We get up now, and you can stay over at my place tonight."

A smile spread across my face. "Okay, you drive a hard bargain, but I guess that's fair."

He sighed playfully, finally sitting up and stretching. "Alright, let's get ready."