31 : Ring

Colby's POV

I've been waiting for this day to come for years. Me, Julia, and Ava have been excited about graduation since the start of senior year. The past four years at university have been great, except for the part of almost being kidnapped, but school wise I have enjoyed my years here. Now that it is over however we can all be back together. Having Julia apart from us was not fun.

Ava and Julia have become sisters to me so now that we are all heading back to New York we can live together. Plus no more homework.

I was genuinely surprised when we arrived at the restaurant. I did not have any clue about the party. It was amazing. I normally would not enjoy being the center of attention. Having Ava and Julia also being celebrated helped with the nerves. Having Noah also helped. I don't understand it sometimes. Noah makes me feel all new and big emotions yet when she is around I feel more confident. My nerves feel more at ease.

She can be the cause of some big arguments and intense emotions but also the reason for my peace. It makes no sense I know but that's how I feel.

The way that Noah has learned my queues, I've learned hers. After the party something was bothering her I know it was. Why she wouldn't tell me what it was was what I didn't understand. Then I thought about it more. I think the reason why she isn't telling me is because she wants this day to be about me.

On the drive home me and Noah sat in the back while Hunter drove with Ava in the front seat. Julia stayed with her parents. They are going to explore Boston for a few days before flying back home.

Not wanting to bring up anything with Hunter and Ava in the car, I'm waiting until we get home. For now I sit close to Noah, her hand in mine and my head on her shoulder.

I almost fell asleep with how relaxed I was but we got home before I fell asleep.

Ava and Hunter said goodnight before they went into Ava's room.

"Noah can we talk?" I ask her while sitting down on the edge of my bed.

"What did you want to talk about?" she asks before sitting next to me.

"I know something is bothering you. What is it? And please don't say it's nothing because I know there is something" I tell her.

"At the party I overheard a conversation you had with someone" she starts. "About you moving back home"

"Yeah?"

"I guess we never had the time to talk about what was going to happen with us after you graduated" she says. I didn't think that this is what is bothering her. It didn't come to mind.

She is right however. We talked about some things that we wanted to do once I graduated but didn't talk about what would happen between us. I figured that we would still be together. Now her bringing this question up is making me less sure about what she wants.

"Oh" is all that came out. "Well...um"

"I know that you have a lot to go back to. And I don't want to be selfish and ask you to come to Washington. I understand that your family's company is important to you. I just feel like I got you back just to not have you close to me again" she looks down sadly. This is the first time I have seen Noah look away with sadness.

"Baby" I turn her head gently towards me. Keeping my hand on her cheek. "I still haven't decided what I want yet and I told my parents that. But one thing that I know one hundred percent is that I want to be with you"

"Really?" she gives me a gentle smile.

"Yes. Noah, I want to do what's best for my family and the companies. Whether that be me taking over or appointing someone that I trust to take over. If that means that we have to do long distance for some time then I hope that you would be okay with that. I know that you are also figuring things out and that you need to be close to your family. But I believe that we can make it through all this"