Chapter Ten: Bears and witches

The men aimed their riffles at everyone aboard the Merry. The air had grown tense and both parties were waiting for anyone to make the first move.

'Now that I think about it this is the exact opposite of what happened at Whiskey Peak.'

Y/n's eyes looked over the group of ambushers. Her eyebrows were furrowed. Not only did Vivi need to immediately get back to Alabasta, Nami was sick and the possibility of her dying was hard to ignore when the finally find an island where they can get help to save their dear friend they had guns pointed at them ready to shoot. In other words, they were in some deep shit.

A large man in a green and white winter gear spoke up authoritatively, "I'll say this once, your kind are not accepted here, leave immediately."

"What he mean by that?" The girl whispered and folded her arms and raising an eyebrow before realising what he actually meant and untensimg her shoulders.

"We only came here to find a doctor," Luffy yelled to the man.

"We have someone who's sick." Vivi explained.

"You'll have to do better than that! We won't fall for that old trick." One of the men said. It seemed that maybe there were pirates before the Strawhats arrived that may have betrayed their trust.

"This is our island, we won't let any filthy pirates land here!" Another man shouted.

"Sir, I'll have you know that most of us took a bath."

"That's not what he meant, Y/n." Ussop whispered to her. The two stood side by side, arms crossed.

"Raise anchor and leave now or we'll blow you and your ship out of the water."
The threat caused more dismay for the crew.

"That's great. We barely said hello and they already hate us." Sanji said to no one in particular.

A man whose gun him was aimed at Sanji exclaimed," Get out of here!"a bullet being released and lodging itself right next to the cook's foot.
Seeing the bullet as it was fired, Vivi yelled for Sanji to look out

Sanji's face twisted to that of anger, the stress and tension of the situation getting to him."You made a big mistake." He was about to leap of the ship to attack before the sound of
Y/n's voice reached his ears, the chill of its slightly lower octave stopping him. "Sanji."

Vivi had moved to stop him from going any further. Another bullet was shot, the man who fired it having thought Sanji would attack. This one struck Vivi instead.

The crew watched as the princess, their friend, fell. It felt as if time slowed and only the thud of her body dropping to the floor pulling them out of their shock.

"Vivi!" Luffy called,his eyes on the said girl on the floor. His attention turned to the man who fired, fury in his eyes, "Why you-"

All the surrounding men aimed their guns at them, anticipating aggression. Y/n moved to run and check on Vivi but Ussop stopped her from walking at the risk of her being shot of she moved from her spot. "First check if she's alright." She opted to say to her captain.

Zoro and Sanji took a fighting stance, ready to attack at Luffy's command. Said captain was also in a fighting stance, ready to fight all the men present. Vivi had gotten back her strength and held onto Luffy to stop him,"Stop it! Fighting isn't going to help anything. I'm fine Luffy it only grazed my arm."

Y/n let out a sigh of relief before turning attention to her captain, who was still tense. Then they went back to Vivi who was bowing before the people.

"It's alright we won't land,but can you please call us a doctor." Her forehead had touched the floor as she bowed to plead for the islander's help. " Our friend is dying from a serious illness, I'm begging you, please help us."