Chapter Twelve: Soldiers, secrets and a cute reindeer

The cold air bit almost every part of Zoro's exposed skin as he walked beside Ussop, Y/n and Vivi. He could feel his body shaking and couldn't help but think of the warm coat he left back on the Going Merry.az you

"Winter swimming?" Ussop's voice cut through the cold air. He couldn't fathom the words he just heard.

"Yeah. That's was the idea anyway," Zoro began to explain,"but after swimming in the river for a while I had no idea where I was anymore, so I  started walking around doing muscle exercises."Ussop's eyes were squinted as though scrutinizing Zoro's story.

"Dressed like that in cold weather?!" The sniper pointed out the swordsman's attire with an incredulous look. 'You're stupid aren't you?"

Zoro rolled his eyes Ussop's comment. Not that Ussop wasn't wrong in his behaviour.  He just didn't feel like admitting what he did wasn't smart.
He trembled at the feel of the chilly breeze,"That's not the point Ussop, just shut up and give me your jacket."

"Not a chance."

Vivi watched the exchange between the two in thought.'Maybe Nami's sick from dealing with the mental exhaustion of dealing with these two.'

"How about your shoes?" Zoro bargained.

"Nope."

"I could let you borrow my scarf," Y/n suggested, a bit concerned over the swordsman's lack of warm clothes. It was hard to ignore. Atleast that's what she thought," It can unfold into a mini blanket thingy." She began unwrapping her scarf.

"No Y/n, he did this to himself." Ussop scolded like a disappointed mom. "Don't let this idiot take advantage of your kindness."

"Huh?"

The other three sweatdropped at his words. Zoro getting irritated at Ussop's words.  "Don't listen to Mr Nosy over here Y/n–

"What you call me?!"Ussop yelled incredulously.

"You heard me."  Zoro sassed back, his arms still trying to protect him from the cold.

"I hope your toes freeze off!"

"Your nose gets longer every second you lie!"

"Atleast I don't get lost!"

"Can the both of you please shut up." Y/n deadpanned. The two looked at her offended. She lifted up her hands to signal for no fighting,"I said "please"." Her ears had enough of Ussop's yelling earlier today, the escalating argument beside her starting to hurt her ears a bit. To Ussop's dismay she handed Zoro her scarf and continued to walk beside Vivi. Zoro thanked her, the warmth of her scarf relieving the chills from his body

True to her description the scarf was able to lessen Zoro's cold state, wrapped around his shoulders. ( I love those kinda scarves)

They went over a hill and caught sight of a village. It's buildings a bit familiar though they were buried in snow.

"I think we've been here before..." Vivi  trails off, her eyes scanning the area from afar.

"Yeah. We're back at Big Horn." Ussop answered, his arms folded. The place looked so different now after the avalanche. Luckily no houses were damaged.

Ussop , Vivi and Zoro walked down the hill, trying their best not to lose their footing, nearly slipping and falling in some places. It was a bit of a struggle."Wait, where's Y/n?" Zoro asked looking around.

"Whooooaaaaaa!" She zoomed past them, rolling down the hill like a barrel. She had tucked her arms and legs and slid down.

Once the three reached the bottom of the hill they watched as Y/n brushed the snow of her  coat. "Why?" Vivi questioned, her foot feeling an ache from  mistepping onto a rock that had thrown her off for a second.