I Want You to Be a Part of It (Lockwood)

"You've been featured at London Society non-stop this week. I thought you'd be unbearable now that we're famous." George laughed as he opened the magazine for me. Right at the page of my previous interview.

"Well, someone's been humbling me," I laughed, too.

"Hello," A small head peeped through the slightly ajar door.

"Oh, hello there, Lucy," I smiled. "Good morning!"

"Good morning! Have you started breakfast yet?" She asked.

"We have," George replied. "But then, we got caught up fawning over Lockwood in the latest issue of the London Society, see here," She made her way, next to me. Hand resting on the head of the chair.

"Well, good job," She made a loving pinch at my cheek. "I'm glad your head hadn't gotten that big about it." She reaches forward, taking a bun. Getting this variant of Lucy—the most natural version of her, with her morning hair, her loose pajamas, and morning star just fresh out from her eyes. Beautiful.

"Have we gotten any cases today?" I asked as Holly came in with some tea.

"No, not tonight, but tomorrow," She replied.

"Who says a famous person could take a break?" George says, with a mildly exaggerated expression on his face as he casts a side glance at me.

"Well, I don't make the rules here," Holly said, riding along with George's banter.

"Oh, is that so? Come along, Luce," I took Lucy by the hand. "I've got a job for you."

"What, why me?" She protested. "And besides, Lockwood, I'm not done eating yet,"

"Alright, we'll eat, and get dressed, then we'll go." I sighed.

"Can you tell me what it is, or even where?" She insisted, tugging my hand.

"I will, later." I grinned at her. "It really needs a good listener. Don't worry, George, it's just a small problem, needs a psychic consultant. Lucy's been experienced at that. And no, it's not for a case. We'll be quick. Spend the rest of the day as you'd like." I said, taking in the confused faces of George and Holly.

"Are you sure it's not a..." Holly and George shared a grin.

"A what?" I asked.

"Oh, nothing, I was thinking about going to the Archives, just for kicks," Goerge said.

"And I think I shall go and run a few errands while we're at it," Holly added.

"Well, Hol, can you get us some more butter? I think we're almost out," Lucy said.

"Sure," She replied. The grin on both her and George's faces remained.

"Seems like we're all up to something today," I said, not afraid to hide my satisfaction. Where I'm taking Lucy exactly? Some place of rest and serenity. It's normal to take out someone you like for a few strolls in town. Not that I've been big with my gestures. I think she loves how subtle and unaccounted I am in showing her how serious I am with her, and this relationship that's been lying around; this back-and-forth between us. Somehow, we found that we have not settled it in words, but instead in actions. Though I would love a bit of clarity. I really should say it nowadays. I feel she might be waiting.

After breakfast, I made the effort to dress up, and I took one of the latest magazines with my face on it. Waiting to brag some more to Lucy.

I found her waiting for me at the landing. Sitting quite still. She was in her usual jacket and skirt. But today, she tied her hair a half, with the rest of it flowing in the bottom. Her star clip can be seen as she looks up to see me.