A Penny for Your Thoughts, Luce

This is a portion of the fic that contains some of my Locklyle thoughts. It could get random, or out of hand-so please bear with me, and if you agree to any of my opinions, or if you have anything to add to it, you are free to take over the comment section! I promise to be as respectful and decent as I can, and I don't want to offend anyone, so please. And it's just one chapter. It won't be too insufferable ( I hope).

So, here they are:

•I'm not sure if it was mentioned before, but come to think of it-LOCKWOOD CALLS HER LUCE.

Holly was always just Holly. George was never Georgie. But Lucy was more often Luce.

Lockwood uses her nickname more than her real name when he never had a nickname for anyone or everyone else! He made a nickname that is close to her name, and it shows that even if Lockwood was just walking around it (his feelings,) he still can't help but show that he has them, and only for her. It might be his way of showing how he wants to form something intimate and trusting with her. Additionally, it shows how special she is for him.

Here are a few examples:

At his most desperate times, he calls out to her: "Just you, Luce," (The Hollow Boy, page 319)

When he's feeling good and all worked up, he calls her: "I knew you'd say that, Luce." (The Creeping Shadow, page 306)

When he gets something wrong, and he knows he's made a mistake: "Luce, I can't stand it anymore, say something. Anything, please." (The show-it's somewhere there.)

When he's worried for her: "No way, Luce." (Also from the show.)

When he's being vulnerable and opens up to only her: "I sometimes ask myself what it's all about, Luce," (The Empty Grave, page 90)

•Lucy has liked Lockwood since the Screaming Staircase. To prove this, just observe how she describes him and how much he's been affecting her, from then on. This might've heightened after Lockwood saved her from falling off the well, which is one of the latter parts, or the case at 62 Sheen Road, which is the very beginning.

•George could tell that Lucy liked Lockwood since the Whispering Skull (refer to page 51.), and he knew Lockwood would like her back, eventually.

•Lucy's Listening skills suited her best since she's always all-ears and critically attentive to Lockwood every time he talks. She also knows what mood he is in depending on what he says or what tone he uses. She could recognize all of that.

•Lockwood's talent with Sight shines even more when you realize how attentive he is to Lucy's expressions and the slight changes in her body language. He notices every inconsistency and even the most subtle alterations in her face. He notices it immediately. That is why he's always the first one to ask if she's okay.

•It's always "Lucy, come with me." In all the books, and I love it.

Details in the show that I still can't stop thinking about:

•During their first meeting [Lucy and Lockwood], the camera zooms in on both of their faces, so, probably it's to show how their pupils dilated as they saw each other for the first time. Perhaps suggesting love at first sight. (I also saw one Tiktoker talk about this.)

•Not to be a little too delusional, but how Lucy immediately, and initially thought of Lockwood as her 'partner' when she could have said 'colleague'. It was the scene after the burning of the house at 62 Sheen Road, when she was at the hospital.

•When Winkman, around the last episode, was trying to kill Lockwood at the Kensel Green Cemetery. The man called Lucy as Lockwood's "little scrubber girlfriend." It really does say something when your enemy can see that you're in love with your 'associate'.

•Lucy and Lockwood walked closely next to each other all the time. In almost every scene. And I'm here for it!

That is all, I hope I did okay! 👌🏻