49

The day when the larvae of Bantra Moss nearly opened a gate in the capital.

Seongjin, who had literally been brought back from the brink of death, was immediately taken to the Pearl Palace and spent the entire afternoon surrounded and pestered by an assembly of physicians.

After undergoing all kinds of examination, including the rolling of his eyes and sticking out of his tongue, the chaos finally ended when he had undergone a holy power baptism by a priest summoned on short notice. Seongjin, after receiving a stern warning from Physician Ninnias to rest, was left sprawled on his bed.

Although he felt completely recovered, Masain standing next to the bed would glare at him whenever he tried to move even a bit. Not only that, but everyone in the Pearl Palace showed an exaggerated response to Seongjin's every move.

They didn't even let him hold a glass of water on his own, trying to spoon-feed him as if he was incapable.

Well, according to Sir Kurt, he was in cardiac arrest for over 30 minutes, so their concern wasn't unfounded.

But if it was that serious, didn't he completely pass the golden time for brain damage? Wouldn't that dumb Morres guy lose more brain cells than he already has?

To Seongjin's concerns, Francis, that foul-tempered paladin, scoffed.

"Don't make a baseless excuse. I arrived early and continuously poured holy power into you. If you feel your intelligence has decreased a bit, blame it on your natural brain capacity."

Wow, who is this guy? To be able to throw such harsh words without any hesitation at the prince of the Holy Empire.

Seongjin looked at this tall paladin with renewed interest.

Francis Agen.

One of the few paladins who had permission to step into the Pearl Palace, which was off-limits to regular knights altogether.

He was the lieutenant of the Paladin Order of Saint Aurelion and was responsible for all kinds of religious and legal issues of Prince Morres, acting in place of the current commander, Dame Katrina.

Minor royals' outings should always be reported to a legal representative. The lieutenant, who is also managing the Paladin Order in place of the commander, heard about the outing late and had to ride hard to catch up with Seongjin's group.

"Why did you have to pick a place designated as a 'caution area' by His Majesty the Holy Emperor for a social gathering? You, who hardly ever go out, why did you choose such a place?"

Caution area? Because of that larvae?

When Seongjin looked at Sir Masain, the man quietly shook his head.

How was he supposed to know and avoid a top-secret situation that even the knight commander of the Imperial Guard didn't know?

Anyway, when they arrived at the villa, the ground was shaking as if an earthquake had occurred, and when he arrived in the basement, Masain had just begun a rib-breaking procedure disguised as CPR.

Why does the commander of the Paladin Order, not the First Empress, become the legal representative when the Holy Emperor is absent? And why is the First Empress, who would have rushed in one step normally, nowhere to be seen now?

Seongjin momentarily had such questions, but he soon pushed them out of his mind. Francis was starting to scold Masain, who was still showing a dumbfounded face.

"Pull yourself together, Masain! Do you think His Majesty attached you to the prince just to be a mere swordsmanship teacher? Especially at times like this, you should be able to hold off the Inquisitors and the Orthodox Church!"