84

After recovering, Bruno Green comfortably settled in as a guest at the Pearl Palace.

While worried that he might shout, "I don't deserve this treatment!" and return to the slums, such concerns proved unnecessary.

Bruno Green comfortably occupied one of the few guest rooms in Pearl, receiving attentive care from the palace maids and resting. His demeanor appeared so aristocratic that no one could believe that he had lived in the slums for years.

A man who had climbed up the social ladder from humble origins purely based on his talent.

A commoner knight commander who lost everything due to an unfortunate event.

Though this was the image people had, the real Bruno Green was incredibly relaxed in all matters. His cheerful face betrayed no trace of misfortune.

Absurdly, the first thing Bruno Green did in Pearl Palace was carefully trim his mustache.

"...That's an impressive mustache."

During dinner, Seongjin awkwardly uttered these words when he saw Bruno Green's face. The mustache was so unique that it stole the spotlight.

While his unkempt hair remained, the impeccably trimmed mustache maintained a precise angle of 165~170 degrees and extended in a smooth curve.

At Seongjin's compliment, Bruno pulled on his mustache seriously.

"It's an attitude of a warrior, Your Highness."

"Eh?"

"When I go to battle or face a duel, I always sharpen the angle of my mustache as I prepare my inner sword."

"...?"

"I have groomed my mustache with the mindset of going into battle. I cannot afford to show hesitancy for this second life granted by His Majesty and Your Highness. The mustache is the most accurate gauge of a man's mindset."

What, really?

Although reason screamed that it was all nonsense, Seongjin found himself unconsciously touching the smooth area around his still mustache-less mouth.

And someone else was strongly influenced by Bruno's mustache: namely, Knight Calmen.

"Um... I've been cultivating my attitude as a warrior..."

Calmen, who had now begun to show a certain level of respect toward Seongjin, muttered as he stroked his chin.

Unfortunately, his beard was too young and patchy, making it difficult to discern any particular 'mindset.' Still, Seongjin thought it was a sign of respect toward his master.

The problem was that his master did not even acknowledge it.

"Before you cultivate your inner sword, you should properly train your swordsmanship. You got beaten by just seven guys, you useless apprentice. Don't go around bragging that you're a Royal Guard Knight."

"Master!"

When Calmen yelled out, Bruno Green snorted.

"What? Did I say something wrong?"

"But back then I couldn't— Isn't your attitude towards me different now? Just a while ago, you encouraged me saying I had some talent!"

"Huh? I told you that you have talent? Did I really? Don't you remember I was Prince Logan's swordsmanship teacher?"

For Bruno Green, who had been called a genius, anyone with talent less than Prince Logan was all the same to him.

Frustrated, Calmen stomped his foot.