177*

177. List of Contracts (3)

The devil's name is Glumgos.

He was a middle-ranking devil with no particular hierarchy, but thanks to a chance victory in an advantageous position, he has recently been rising to prominence among the devils. Coincidentally, right after Del Cross's guardian was stranded in the [Agreement], he made a contract with a human.

Considering that many of the demons he had contracted with before him were cut off to no end by the nutcracker, this could be said to be a truly lucky case.

His contractor was Wilhelm Schmidt.

At the time, he was a low-ranking manager of the Merchant Union, and for someone who had summoned a demon, he had simple dreams and poor aspirations.

Thanks to this, Glumgos easily granted his wish, and soon succeeded in completely taking over Schmidt's body and soul.

After that, it was literally a succession of victories.

He rose to the highest position possible as a merchant union manager and accumulated a lot of wealth. I got a beautiful wife and recently had a beautiful child.

At this point, he couldn't help but develop a strong attachment to life in the human world.

However, his current condition is like a wind lamp that may be extinguished at any time. There were many demons bent on harming him and taking away everything he had.

The Merchant Union, where relatively ambitious humans gathered, had an unusually large number of demon contractors, and among them, there were sometimes humans who had made contracts with demons of extremely high rank.

In order to maintain his upper hand among them, Glumgoth decided to create his own weapon.

It is to create a list listing the devil's true name and its contractors. Perhaps that list would serve as a dagger to stab his enemies in desperate moments.

The problem was that it was an unwritten rule not to violate each other's contract, a taboo that demons must never do.

If any of the demons found out about the existence of this list, Glumgos would be immediately summoned back to the Demon World, and it might be better for him to disappear.

It was the final weapon that he risked his all to perfect.

'... Why did you happen to be away for a while?'

Glumgos felt as if he was having a nightmare.

Could it be that the Holy Empire's prince suddenly burst into the office, snatched the ledger, which could be said to be all of his power, and aimed the terrifying holy relic straight ahead!

Although he rarely kept the list off his body, he happened to have some business to do near the church, so he had no choice but to leave it in the care of a lower-ranking official for a while.

But coincidentally, this boy came at the right time!

'Should I just take it away by force? No, but... ... .'

The prince in front of him looked like an ordinary human being without an ounce of divine power, but there was no way he would have dared to use his hands carelessly.

Because the meaning of the fact that he was holding a nutcracker in his hand was clear.

Behind that human being, there is that fearsome person.

'Even if it gets taken away... ... .'

Glumgos looked at the ceiling of his office and felt depressed for a moment.